Anyone have a hitch? HITCH INSTALLATION - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Anyone have a hitch? HITCH INSTALLATION

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #76
PirateKatz

Another hitch question

I realize there has been a lot of discussion regarding hitches but as someone who isn't terribly mechanically inclined, I would like to pay someone to install it. Is there any advantage to having a Jeep dealer install one vs. a regular shop, U Haul, etc.? How much should I expect to pay?

Also, I've noticed Engine Oil Coolers for sale too. Is this something worth looking into?

BTW, I have an '08 Compass Sport w/CVT and would like to be better safe than sorry with all of this.

Thanks!

PirateKatz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #77
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Non-dealer shops usually charge less BUT when it comes to the trailer wiring harness, if they don't follow the correct procedures, they can screw up your wiring and computer.

If you don't plan on towing over 1000 ls you can do without the engine oil cooler.

I don't have a clue as to what anybody charges for this kind of stuff. You could call the dealer, find out what they charge and ask what their hourly rate is, divide it out and then call the independents and see what their rates are. Jeep may charge more but you know that your well covered if something does go wrong.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #78
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

I had the hitch installed yesterday after I did the cut out. (Gramps, I now understand why you did the round cut instead of the whole thing. I did the same...)

With me doing the cut out, it took the dealer less than 1/2 an hour to do it.
It is a very simple install. I don't know what the wiring harness would cost as I am going to do it myself when it finally comes in.

The oil cooler will wait until I need an oil change....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.