Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone change/adjust the mp3/cell phone holder on center console?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  IRSmart 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone changed or modified the top of the center console that flips out to hold a cell phone or mp3? I don't find it very useful for that function (currently I have a pocket pack of tissues in there). I didn't know if there was a way to convert it into an open/close storage area or something. Thanks!

#3 ·
Kappy I agree with you. My iPhone doesnt fit there. I currently use it to hold my multi-tool. It would be interesting to see if you could switch the console for a newer one.. I doubt it though.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, It would be nice to swap it out. The phone holder is too small. My iPhone doesn't fit in there either. I think I'll add my buck knife in there to keep the kleenex company, lol.

I think you could pop out the cell phone holder part of that... The issue would be keeping it level when it is closed. I think the bottom of the cell phone holder has little nubs on each end to keep the flip part from opening/closing too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.