Any problems with sunroofs on Patriots - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Any problems with sunroofs on Patriots

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
dragon672
2014 MK Compass 

Any problems with sunroofs on Patriots

Alright I am still planning on getting a Patriot in the near future. And I have decide on the 2014 Patriot Freedom Edition but it comes with a sunroof. Has anyone had any issues with the sunroofs leaking? Thanks.

dragon672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

I don't have one on mine but my moms 2013 compass does and it leaked same day she drove it off lot new...dealer since fixed issue though..seems like decent amount of them leak at some point
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Grhome
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Lots of videos on YouTube concerning bad sunroof leaks. Its crazy where the flowing water ends up. But those stories aren't representative of everyone's experiences. Our 08 has a sunroof with not problems at all. Knock on wood.
Grhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

My 2011 sunroof doesnt leak.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #5
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

My family has a 2008 Patriot that leaks at the sunroof and dumps water on passengers through the two overhead lights.
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

2011 w/ no leaks to date.

The leaks seem to be caused by the drain tubes becoming clogged and causing the water to back up. A yearly snaking out with weed whacker line or blowing them out with compressed air on vehicles that have leaks seems to be a good solution for many.

As said, to date mine has not leaked. I have had the a-pillar trim off and the tubes are clear so I have not done anything to them. I am not touching them unless a leak happens. Leaving well enough alone.

Note - I routinely take my Patriot through the local touch free car wash with it's very high pressure rinse. No leaks there either. I have even had the headliner tray slid back so I can look around the sunroof to see if any water gets in and it is always bone dry. The only time I have had any water get in is when I accidentally left it in vent mode when I went inside and it started to rain. Luckily I had the headliner tray closed so no water got inside the vehicle.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Tom06TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The sun roof leaked on my '11 patriot soon after I took delivery. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced a faulty latch. It's been fine ever since.
Tom06TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.