Any Issues? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Any Issues?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 12-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
racer114
2010 MK Patriot 

Any Issues?

I'm enjoying my Patriot so far. As I've posted previously, I've read the reviews and many are negative. I want to hear from other owners. Are there any issues those of us who are new owners need to be aware of?

racer114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
deepnite10

ive got a 08 and yet to have to deal with any real large issues..

the biggest deal was a misaligned rear door and that was taken care of under warranty..

i ve read about some issues but, ive yet to experience any of them..the only thing im really not looking forward to is the CVT service..i understand there s more involved than just uncrewing a plug..
deepnite10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepnite10 View Post
..the only thing im really not looking forward to is the CVT service..i understand there s more involved than just uncrewing a plug..
After working at a dealership for 3 weeks this summer and talking with the head mech who got trained on these I'm not concerned about this. He said "they are a disposable trans, run them for 300K and get a new one. Doing the service on them is nothing but a waste of $$$ and time". I'm not really advising you not to do it, you'll need to made that call yourself.

For racer114 - it looks like most of the bugs were worked out between '06 - '08, like the tie rods, ball joints, leaky sunroofs and some other miscellaneous things. Not even the early ones had consistent problems that didn't get on a recall. These are really darned dependable even tho they are considered "bottom of the line", they're still Jeeps!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
racer114
2010 MK Patriot 

That is what I'm thinking. A Jeep is a Jeep, right? My only experience with one was my father's old 1988 Cherokee and that thing was darn near bullet proof. I think he drove that thing 200K before trading up for a Dodge Cummins Diesel to tow with.

I like the comment on the CVT. If it can get me 300K miles, I'm not going to worry! Let's hope for the best!
racer114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
jmenkhaus
2008 MK Patriot 

I disagree completely.

Once my Patriot hit 40,000 miles everything started to go wrong. Faulty control arms & Ball joints, Bad wirless Control Module, and a leaky roof. I dont think the kinks have been worked out at all.
jmenkhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The 2007/8's had issues and recalls in several of those areas. Was any of it covered under warranty and did they fix it/them?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.