Any complaints from 2.0L? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Any complaints from 2.0L?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
cdwmobile

Any complaints from 2.0L?

Hello,

We're looking to get my wife a Patriot. We've been looking for a FWD 2.4L with just a few basic options. Today we got a call from our local dealership and they want to get a 2.0L off the lot and offered us a pretty good deal.

Are there any complaints from any current 2.0L owners? Any advice from those that did or didn't buy a 2.0L specifcially?

Thanks! I'm sure you'll see me around a lot more now that her mind is set up a Patriot.

cdwmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

2.0 in Caliber

Don't know about in the Patriot but we have the 2.0L engine in the Caliber and are very happy with it. It actually seems quiter and smoother than the 2.4L in our Patriot. Obviously accleration is not rocket like but certaintly adequate.
Trek620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

I tried a 2.0L and it had no get-up-and-go. If you mix that with a CVT, you may want to get out and push the car to get a little more momentum.

Joking aside, it's supposed to be a good motor and even better on fuel economy. Just don't expect to pull into traffic with great ease, or floor it to get out of the way of an accident.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
ThirteenGreen
2008 MK Compass 

I have a 2.0 L Compass and have no complaints. As for the get up and go I just use the autostick if I need more power.

Pretty good on fuel. I had mine going 150 km/h (approx 95 mph) passing someone on the highway the other day and if i need to go any faster than that to get around someone I don't deserve to pass them....lol.
ThirteenGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
cdwmobile

Thanks guys. I think we're going to pull the trigger tomorrow night.
cdwmobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.