Another new Patriot owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Another new Patriot owner

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
dreinecke
2012 JK Wrangler 

Another new Patriot owner

Not me, my son. He is Commissioning into the Air Force on the 10th and is heading out to WPAFB.

When he got his permit at 15, he learned to drive in my 1998 XJ and wanted it when he got his license at 16. Not ready to give it up, we got him a 2000 Freedom Edition XJ. Tried desperately to find one in blue (his favorite color - duh, he's Air Force but there were no decent ones around at the time.

Well, he needed a new vehicle and decided that he really liked the Patriot. He really liked the idea of decent gas mileage too.

So, he picked out a Latitude with the new 6-speed automatic in True Blue with the pebble interior. It has the FDI, bluetooth, USB, and heated seats. Really, really, nice vehicle.

He plans on getting some nice slush mats for it and is happy with everything else as is. So, we are still an all-Jeep family!

2005 KJ - Daughter

www.rmsresins.com
dreinecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

How's the automatic?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
dreinecke
2012 JK Wrangler 

The automatic is very smooth. It feels like it added power over driving the CVT Patriot with the same motor. The acceleration is what you'd now expect, although for years I've known people that have thought the CVT was fine. I have only driven a few, so that is my only opinion on that subject.

The autostick is actually pretty fun to drive on this thing.
2005 KJ - Daughter

www.rmsresins.com
dreinecke is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.