Another Mod done - red brake calipers on Compass Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Another Mod done - red brake calipers on Compass Limited

Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!All our Different Weld Washers!Panhard Parts & Kits from Ruffstuff!

Unread 03-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Another Mod done - red brake calipers on Compass Limited

Well, here are a couple pics. The Compass is sitting in the garage and the paint is drying. I like it

'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

nice how hard was it to do? I think that would look hot on my all black Rallye

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

The painting is easy. It is a brush on application www.brakecaliperpaint.com. The hardest thing is jacking the Compass up and putting on jack stands with all 4 wheels off. Once I got that figured out, it was easy. Of course this is like the 3rd car that I have done this on so it is getting easier.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Unread 03-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rector View Post
Well, here are a couple pics. The Compass is sitting in the garage and the paint is drying. I like it

looks sweet. Can never go wrong with RED
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rector View Post
The painting is easy. It is a brush on application www.brakecaliperpaint.com. The hardest thing is jacking the Compass up and putting on jack stands with all 4 wheels off. Once I got that figured out, it was easy. Of course this is like the 3rd car that I have done this on so it is getting easier.
Nice job, did you also do the rears?

What was your procedure for jacking and placing the jack stands?- just learning what works before I do my first tire rotation.

Also it appears that we have another cyclist among us. I have found the Compass works pretty well for hauling my bikes. The road bikes fit with both wheels on and just have to remove the front wheel for the mountain bike- which lead me another reason I like the Compass- the plastic interior that is easy to wipe mud and dirt off of.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
Jeepster55

now THAT looks SWEET!!! GREAT JOB!!

told ya red would be the way to go......
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
hvac59

Lookin' good. I"ll keep that in mind for the future. Do you have to do any prep?
hvac59
White 09 JK "X"
hvac59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvac59 View Post
Lookin' good. I"ll keep that in mind for the future. Do you have to do any prep?
hvac59
Everything you need is in the box with the paint. I recommend masking off areas you don't want paint on. I don't worry much about the rotor surface, one touch of the brakes and the paint is gone.

Gonna do the Durango next weekend if I can get a bigger jack.

Unread 03-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjeepguy View Post
Nice job, did you also do the rears?

What was your procedure for jacking and placing the jack stands?- just learning what works before I do my first tire rotation.

Also it appears that we have another cyclist among us. I have found the Compass works pretty well for hauling my bikes. The road bikes fit with both wheels on and just have to remove the front wheel for the mountain bike- which lead me another reason I like the Compass- the plastic interior that is easy to wipe mud and dirt off of.
I love the fact that my road bike fits inside with both wheels on. Actually that is the whole reason I bought the Compass. I loved my 2007 Camry, and who wouldn't they are great cars, but I had to either put a rack on the roof or take both wheels off to fit it inside the car. So what do I do? I trade it in and got me a Compass and don't regret it at all.

Thinking of a mount for the fork and getting a quick release for the seat?? But in the mean time I am having a hitch installed next weekend and already have a hitch rack, so that will work too. Many options ... I love my Jeep

Unread 03-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
madrabbitt

so you didnt even need to take the calipers off the car?

Hmm. I might do that on mine, it looks easy enough.
Of course, my WJ has the OEM alloy snowflake rims, so theres not that much caliper visible.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrabbitt View Post
so you didnt even need to take the calipers off the car?

Hmm. I might do that on mine, it looks easy enough.
Of course, my WJ has the OEM alloy snowflake rims, so theres not that much caliper visible.
Nope you leave them on and mask around and brush it on. I have done this now to 3 cars and it is very easy. The hardest thing is getting the car up on jack stands because you need to have all 4 wheels off

Unread 03-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
madrabbitt

well. i cheat. i used to work at an upfitter... so i'll just go take it there and put it on the lift...

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.