Air Filter Housing/Bolted? Two things on top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Air Filter Housing/Bolted? Two things on top

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 06-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Moparrules
2008 JK Wrangler 

Air Filter Housing/Bolted? Two things on top

My wife got her self a 2014 Jeep Compass and she loves it and its a great car (I have a real Jeep, a Wrangler...lol) and I was wondering if the air filter was getting dirty/ready for a change when I realized it was bolted down and had two weird looking things sticking out of the top of it. (Can you guess I am not a mechanic) Can someone tell me what the heck is going on? I have never seen a air cleaner housing that you simply could not just pop off and replace the filter.

Moparrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparrules View Post
My wife got her self a 2014 Jeep Compass and she loves it and its a great car (I have a real Jeep, a Wrangler...lol) and I was wondering if the air filter was getting dirty/ready for a change when I realized it was bolted down and had two weird looking things sticking out of the top of it. (Can you guess I am not a mechanic) Can someone tell me what the heck is going on? I have never seen a air cleaner housing that you simply could not just pop off and replace the filter.
I think you're talking about the computer. Two large connectors on the top of the box going into plate with heat sink fins?

The shop where I got my first oil change done at wouldn't touch it. The filter is a special order at my local parts stores so I got a K&N filter to save me the trouble in the future. Swapped it out last night. Just don't disconnect the computer and you're fine.
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 06:33 AM   #3
Hondatrix

Yep, it's the ecu, don't disconnect the plugs...just unbolt and lift away, carefully...
Hondatrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.