AIC's Patriot write up: - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > AIC's Patriot write up:

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
I was starting to feel lonely hating on the cvt all by myself.
Ha ha. Was one of the main reasons I unloaded mine. However, if I had my time back I would have traded my Mazda 5 in against my jku instead of the pat.

KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

There are only about 15% of ppl with 4X that actually go off road anyway, most are mall crawlers. This forum has a section for clubs although I don't really see any listings in it anymore. We also have a four Wheeling section that is set up by region - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f4/ If you wanted to start one for the MK's I would be happy to find an area in JF for you and see what could be done.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #18
KLRJEEPER

Best thing is to find a few people who like to wheel regardless of rig. I find politics get in the way with clubs. Just get a bunch of people who wheel and get out there. Take lots of pics
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #19
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

2X that! The best way to educate is to indoctrinate others to what the MK's can do. There are pictures of a Compass pulling a Wrangler out of the Badlands.

Unread 03-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #20
KLRJEEPER

Yep. The pats are the most capable in class and more capable than most other SUV's in the market today.
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #21
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

yeah, a typical Jeep club does not have a good attitude towards the MK, and when I go out, the groups I've gone out with have been pretty cool, but getting a group together was not easy... and I was by far the lowest man on the totem pole. it would be nice to go out with a group of patriots that had similar capabilities.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
yeah, a typical Jeep club does not have a good attitude towards the MK, and when I go out, the groups I've gone out with have been pretty cool, but getting a group together was not easy... and I was by far the lowest man on the totem pole. it would be nice to go out with a group of patriots that had similar capabilities.
Too bad you never lived here. More than welcome, if you get stick/hung up, I would happily winch ya out and continue.
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #23
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

man, I would love to go jeeping in Cananda... ROAD TRIP!
Unread 03-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
man, I would love to go jeeping in Cananda... ROAD TRIP!
We have literally thousands of kms of trail here. I love it. Most of it is pat friendly too. I have a converted bus to camper in the bush for a relax area. Its awesome.
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #25
crhawk

I've taken my pat offroad a few times. The only problem is finding some good tires, Im still using road tires. Me and my brother went through some muddy trails, he ended up getting stuck with his wrangler (also road tires) . I tried to pull him out and ended up stuck myself >.< luckily my friend has a 4runner on 33's so he was able to yank us out.

If anyone in NC wants to hit some trails around wake county, i'd be down.
crhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I run Falken Rocky mountain tires LOVE THEM. they have been great off road. I'm lifted, and I have 1.25" spacers, so I fit the biggest tires I could 245/65-17's

Discount has a thread on here where they fit some tires on my patriot on 15" rim that you would not have to do a lift or spacers and get a good off road tire on there.
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #27
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
I run Falken Rocky mountain tires LOVE THEM. they have been great off road. I'm lifted, and I have 1.25" spacers, so I fit the biggest tires I could 245/65-17's

Discount has a thread on here where they fit some tires on my patriot on 15" rim that you would not have to do a lift or spacers and get a good off road tire on there.
On my wrangler I am running 2" of lift with 285 cooper st maxx tires. Great combo for our type of driving. My stock sr-a were complete junk, 3 flats in one dirt road trip. My pat was stock as far as running gear goes. And it wheeled good. Besides tires that is. Sr-as are garbage.
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #28
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yes the SR-a are pretty sad to be using the Wrangler name. My wife had those on her '06 GC and they don't even like snow! She does drive pretty fast so I got her some 245/65-17 SilentArmours and they hold the road just great. She doesn't off-road and wants stuff to keep her on the road and these do a wonderful job of that! They do make a couple of sizes that would fit on 15 or 16 in rimes but they may be over priced by comparison to others out there. There is no substitute for great tires!!

Unread 03-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #29
KLRJEEPER

for sure...I was rotted at the amount of flats I had using the SR-A. both the pat and wrangler I got a bunch of flats. as soon as I got the replacement tires from goodyear because they were literally new tires, 200 kms on them when I got the flats, they replaced them free, I traded them on my 285 coopers...happy camper ever since. they are great compared to the goodyear. I have seen the sidewalls of duratrac and MT/Rs blow out too....im staying away from goodyear for good.

Im working on the wife to get a new pat when the new trans comes out!
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #30
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Just like the Firehawks from Firestone are junk there are some great Firestone's out there - Destination A/T's quickly come to mind They all have their cheap price leaders and the SR-A's are Goodyear's. The SR-A's that were on the wife's allowed her Jeep to slide down the drive way when she was parked overnight. It is NOT a steep driveway at all, < 5% grade. The tires just got cold and hard during the winter and a little ice just let it slide. I've never had that happen before but the GC's are a heavier rig. And yes it was in park and not slipping out of gear, that's the first thing I checked.

A day much like today. It was warm enough that the first snow flakes turned to ice, expanded and raised the tires and down hill she went.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.