JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   AIC's Patriot write up: (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/aics-patriot-write-up-1494597/)

aroundincircles 03-16-2013 11:52 PM

AIC's Patriot write up:

So I took the time to do a write up on my adventures with my patriot so far (kinda like what Kenny-g's been doing) I'm not going to repost the whole thing here, but will add any new things. or if you have any questions, feel free to ask me here.

Here is a link to the write up:
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...-AIC-s-Patriot

Gramps 03-21-2013 07:30 AM

Thanks for sharing the info but PLEASE follow the rules a bit more closely!

No Promoting other Forums
- We will not allow JeepForum to be an advertising or recruiting ground or any other Jeep/4x4 related forum.

All of the rules are here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/je...-rules-421475/

aroundincircles 03-21-2013 07:59 AM

Sorry gramps... Didn't realize that's what I was doing... I Like kenny's write up, but i didn't want to spam every forum with every update I do...

LKWJEEPER 03-21-2013 07:47 PM

AIC's Patriot write up:

Well we know this forum isnt too MK friendly. The Patriot and Compass get thrown in together and the lovely based on the dodge caliber.

Anyway nice stuff AIC

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

aroundincircles 03-21-2013 09:08 PM

Yeah, the forum I linked to is a bit rough on me, but since I take it out regularly, they don't give me as much crap as they used to... But its one of the few local active forums. And I am usually able to go out and fine people to doing stuff with. I just wish I could go to the dealers and ask for the email of everybody who bought a fdii patriot in the last year, see if I can't get a local patriot group going.

KLRJEEPER 03-22-2013 03:40 AM

Most of those people bought them because it has a trail rated badge for mall crawling. I used my fdii properly as well. I want it back actually, for the wife to drive and have another ultra capable rig. Love the Mk!

aroundincircles 03-22-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER (Post 15173895)
Most of those people bought them because it has a trail rated badge for mall crawling. I used my fdii properly as well. I want it back actually, for the wife to drive and have another ultra capable rig. Love the Mk!

I know, but I think a few more people would actually use it off road if they had somebody to go with, and knew where to go.

KLRJEEPER 03-22-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundincircles (Post 15174046)

I know, but I think a few more people would actually use it off road if they had somebody to go with, and knew where to go.

Not so sure with the pat. Mostly old people and soccer moms own them here. I used mine off road a lot.

FujativeOCR 03-22-2013 10:37 AM

I'm 31. Bought it at 29 for snow driving.

KLRJEEPER 03-22-2013 11:03 AM

good choice fujative. the most capable Small SUV in it's class. its amazing what you can get over in a patriot, that the other "cute" ute's can't.

aroundincircles 03-22-2013 12:05 PM

I think it would be smart to contact all the FDII MK owners and start some sort of club for anybody who wants to join. I just don't think the typical buyer of the MK is aware of the benefits of being part of a club, and there would be a lot more out off roading if the opportunity was there, especially in AZ where the trails are plentiful. More people off roading = more demand for after market parts, more demand = more availability.

KLRJEEPER 03-23-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundincircles (Post 15175591)
I think it would be smart to contact all the FDII MK owners and start some sort of club for anybody who wants to join. I just don't think the typical buyer of the MK is aware of the benefits of being part of a club, and there would be a lot more out off roading if the opportunity was there, especially in AZ where the trails are plentiful. More people off roading = more demand for after market parts, more demand = more availability.

Agreed 100 percent. One thing I wish jeep would do away with, the CVT. I hate it. I would love to have a small transfer case or a super low range 7th gear in the new trans for the fdii

FujativeOCR 03-23-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER

Agreed 100 percent. One thing I wish jeep would do away with, the CVT. I hate it. I would love to have a small transfer case or a super low range 7th gear in the new trans for the fdii

I love you.

KLRJEEPER 03-23-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FujativeOCR (Post 15180131)

I love you.

Sorry bro, I don't swing that way, but thanks for the complement. Ha ha ha. I'm anxiously awaiting a 2014 to arrive so I can try the pat with a real tranny.

FujativeOCR 03-23-2013 01:21 PM

I was starting to feel lonely hating on the cvt all by myself.

The time now is 10:52 AM.