Advise before buying new Patriot 4x4 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Advise before buying new Patriot 4x4

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #16
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

correct color choice!

Unread 08-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #17
BostonStrong
2013 MK Patriot 

Gorgeous Patriot! Congratulations!
BostonStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Very nice!
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
warlockjunkie

Very nice. You won't be disappointed. I had doubts myself when I bought mine but I love that little SOB lol.
warlockjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
Radtechy

I guess I should have done my homework first on the 4WD.

Is it a different system then I'm used to for 4Hi on my 2006 liberty? When the 4WD is used on the liberty "part time" lights up on the dash.

I also noticed the wheel lock button. Lazy me didn't read the owners manual. Good thing is if the 4WD sucks its only a lease and I'm not keeping it for over 3 yrs. I'm just worried about the snow cause we got pounded here in New York (long island) last winter with the blizzard and the liberty did amazing in 2 foot high soft mushy snow
Radtechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #21
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radtechy View Post
I guess I should have done my homework first on the 4WD.

Is it a different system then I'm used to for 4Hi on my 2006 liberty? When the 4WD is used on the liberty "part time" lights up on the dash.

I also noticed the wheel lock button. Lazy me didn't read the owners manual. Good thing is if the 4WD sucks its only a lease and I'm not keeping it for over 3 yrs. I'm just worried about the snow cause we got pounded here in New York (long island) last winter with the blizzard and the liberty did amazing in 2 foot high soft mushy snow
What did you buy? there are 3 options, a Front wheel drive, the FDI, or awd with the ability to lock the power 50/50, and the FDII which is the same as FDI with some additional off road capabilities. In my experience the Patriot/compass is excellent on the snow. The awd system is very good at making sure you have traction. Tires are important, the stock tires are not very good, so if you drive in snow a lot, make sure you have good tires.
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #22
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Yeah the 4wd is lockable or AWD. It's good to have choices.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
Woody_in_MN

As I understand the drive system - it is front wheel drive unless it senses power is needed by rear wheels. The lever built into the console forces 50/50 between front and rear.
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.jeep.com/en/4x4/#FreedomDrive1,

http://www.jeep.com/en/4x4/#FreedomDrive2,
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #25
Radtechy

From what I read in the owners manual. It's front wheel and will electronically activate into AWD as needed and the silver T handle locks the 4WD 50/50 as mentioned.

Mine came with Firestone affinity tires. It's only a lease and we had a bad winter last year but the average I don't find myself having to drive in deep snow much. It's more like a few inches but I like using the 4WD I only need it maybe 5 days a season. But now that I'm FWD instead of rear maybe not as much anymore being I have the engine weighing down the front axle
Radtechy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.