Advice... Looking for a new Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Advice... Looking for a new Jeep

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
fmrock

Advice... Looking for a new Jeep

Hey everyone...

I have been looking around this forum for a while, mostly looking at wrangler stuff.

Anyways I am looking to get rid of my 02 Tahoe which is getting terrible MPG.

I stopped by the jeep dealer the other night and sat in a patriot and was surprised at the room I had. Im 6'4"..225lbs.

Are there any known issues with these? Any thing to stay away from. I plan to test drive one this weekend and see how I like it.

Still considering a wrangler, but with gas going up, these sure got my eye.

Thanks for your advice.

fmrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

Compass/Patriot/Wrangler

I drove all three. Wrangler, of course has more power and off road capability...but drove pretty "stiff" and the MPG thing.
The ride of the Pat and the Compass is pretty similar, as both are built on the same frame, I believe. I am 5"11, 180 and the Compass was plenty big for me and since I am often alone in my vehicle, I wasn't too worried about back seat leg room...but there is plenty. You get alittle bigger interior with the Pat, but sacrafice alittle in the MPGs. I think people who have owned the Pat can give you a better feel, however...so I will defer...
FYI, I bought the Compass
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
fmrock

We are also trying to start a family and need some room, compared to my wifes Lexus IS.
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

Well, the back seats on the Compass are not hard to get in and out of. I think a child seat would fit nicely and all the Jeep products are loaded with safety features...
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
fmrock

Thanks. Also, on a side note, every vehicle im looking at will get better mpg then the 12ish my tahoe is getting
Unread 04-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

FWIW, the average MPG on my Patriot is 22.74 over the last year and with the last 3 tanks being on the high side of 24.

There have been a few issues with body panel fit and water leaks, I haven't had any problems with mine.

We have no problems getting our daughter (7 months) in and out of the back seat.
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Wade
2008 MK Patriot 

fmrock,

You'll have plenty of room... Let me recount a recent trip to a local zoo... My daughter has a set of two year old twins who we can seat in their car seats, with her sitting between the two girls in the back seat. The wife and I in the front. Still there's room in the back for a side by side Jeep stroller, a backpack, my golf bag, a pull golf cart and shoe bag. This was done in my wife's 2008 Jeep Compass. We didn't want to move the girl's car seats to my 2008 Patriot, which would have given us even more room.

As far as the ride/handling, both are equal... As long as you recognize these are not your normal tub style Jeeps, but rather a family style Jeep...
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
fmrock

So the wife and I went 2 weekends ago to test drive a patriot and we were liked it alot. We drove the 2.4 liter as that is all the dealer had on the lot. They only also had 3. They also had a $2500 rebate for that month, but was on vacation and just got home. Does anyone know if they are offering that for May, the saleman said they will probally offer it all summer.

Also, i see the 2.0 liter gets even better MPG, how much of a difference in performace is there in the two?

Also, is the patriot the same as the dodge caliber?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.