Adding Interior Mirror w/Compass & Temperature - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Adding Interior Mirror w/Compass & Temperature

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
jvet4

Adding Interior Mirror w/Compass & Temperature

Is there anyone that has tried, or has any instructions on how to change from the Stock mirror to the Interior Mirror w/Compass & Temperature. There are several places that have Kits but I wanted to see how complicated it was before I purchased it.

Thanks,
Jason

jvet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Jerry All-Bran

Pretty easy.

1) Measure the diameter of your index finger
2) Cut a hole right below the stock mirror
3) Lightly moisten your finger.
4) Place finger through hole

That's it!

j/k yea, that sucked.

Shouldn't be that overly tedious. Pretty sure something like that would come w/ decent instructions too.
Jerry All-Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
jvet4

That'd probably be easier!

Im just curious how it hooks up into the electrical system. I removed the light and looked around for an extra electrical harness but there was none there. My guess is that it needs power from somewhere so you would have to run new wiring, or jumper from the existing overhead light wiring. I am hoping that there is no need to run additional wiring as this mirror would be much better to have than the stock one!
jvet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.