Adding the Driving Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Adding the Driving Lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
belezeeubub
2007 MK Patriot 

Adding the Driving Lights

On my Jeep Liberty I added the stock Mopar Lights got them on ebay for 150 with shipping paid the dealership 75 bucks to install them and that included installing the new steering wheel controll stock so it was a pretty good deal, I see the Mopar Unit for my patriot on the web for 150 but there is a note that the ECM needs to be programmed by the dealership for the lights to work, can anyone confirm this? it seems kind of silly to me but it would add to the price and I could just as eaisely put a switch on the dash and not use the new control stock.

Suggestions?

belezeeubub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Well on my rallye the added lights don't work ... yay for the dealer
I have to make an appt for next week or so to have them fix it

the on/off switch is separate from anything else, its on the dash under the drivers right air vent, i think they forgot a fuse ?
Unread 07-18-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt
Well on my rallye the added lights don't work ... yay for the dealer
I have to make an appt for next week or so to have them fix it

the on/off switch is separate from anything else, its on the dash under the drivers right air vent, i think they forgot a fuse ?
I've got the same lights on my MK (CRD Sport, not Rallye), but it was fitted by the dealer before I purchased it. I'm sure you would have tested it already, however the switch itself does not do anything, but enable the extra lights to switch on with the high beam of the main lights. In otherwords, it will only switch on when I flick the main lights into high beam (not sure what you call them in the US, in Australia we call them high beam *brighter light* )
mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
madrabbitt

nettolt, i think i mentioned in your other thread it might be a programming issue.
If i didnt - It might be a programming issue. When you're at your dealer anyway, have them make sure that option is enabled.

OP, if you want OEM lights plugged into the OEM harness, with the OEM kit, then yes, it requires a computer reprogram. Technically, anyone with a good OBD-II scanner and programmer can do it... BUT, its a pain in the bumper.
I spent 2 hours at the dealer trying to do the exact opposite, getting the damn things UNPROGRAMMED so that we could de-install them to replace the bulbs with strobes on a security fleet unit.

If i were you, i'd just chat up the service manager and get him to do the programming while you're getting some other service done at the same time, like an oil change, which requires them to plug into the damn computer anyway.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
merlinTec

Not done it but seen the otion in the TIPM / front control module to enable front fog light when i have done PDI's on them.
merlinTec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2007, 01:29 AM   #6
mca1977jpsnet

Compass Mopar lights are driving lights (on top of bumper??). Only work with high beams on depending on p# you purchased??

Patriot have a fog light kit that work with low beams only.

It would not suprise me if you have to activate an auxilary light feature in the front BCM.

What p# did you get??
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
snood
2007 MK Compass 

well they fixed mine....they only work when the highbeams are on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.