ABS ESP BAS lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > ABS ESP BAS lights

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
cynsleigh

ABS ESP BAS lights

sorry if this is not the correct forum but hope someone can help me. I have a 2009 Jeep Partriot with just a little over 50 thousand miles. The other day the ABS ESP/BAS lights came on for no paticular reason. I wasn't drivning stupid etc. Then they would go on and off for the next 2 days. No other symptoms at all except a low tire. We took a 100 mile trip got there fine but on the way back the lights came on and they have been on ever since. I am worried that with me being a woman (sorry if I offend anyone) that I might get taken advantage of. I don't have a regular mechanic that I can trust. So was just wondering if anyone knows what this could possibly be, if it is safe to drive in and how much aprox does it cost to have done. I can just see them coming up to me and telling me some crazy story because I don't know any better and it costing me like crazy. I would be so gracious if someone could help me out here. Like I said nothing else is going on with the car. If they do say it's like crazy priced would it be safe to drive this thing around.
Thanks so much
Cyndi

cynsleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

There was a thread similar to this very recently. Not sure what the result was, but I had something similar in a Grand Am once. It was the wheel speed sensor wires that got tangled and ripped out of the front hub. Required a new hub assembly. Seems to me the part was maybe $120 or $160 and I installed it, though labor for a mechanic is probably 1-1.5 hours @ $75-$100 an hour.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Maybe it's as simple as a Steering Angle Sensor has gotten out of calibration. While sitting still turn your steering wheel Full lock left and then Full lock right.

If that doesn't do it then it could be the ever common Tie Rod End, Lower Ball Joints and or Control Arm Bushing. This can be determined by attempting to have an alignment performed. For pricing call the Jeep dealer and they will normally be the most expensive.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.