Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Is 85k miles too much?

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Elihawk 
#1 ·
For a 2007 4wd patriot? They're asking $12k, is that too much? My 93 Cherokee was still doing great at 180k miles so I figure 85 is nothing.

#12 ·
Is it FDI or FDII? It seems a little steep for '07 w/ 85k miles. If you do decide to buy it, make sure to inspect the front end: ball joints, control arms, bushings, etc. If the ball joints and/or control arms are still original, take it for a spin through some speed bumps and listen for clunk noise coming from the front. I'd insist the dealer would change them before you buy. Other than that, engine and tranny are bullet proof on those things and shouldn't give you any problems. One guy on other patriot forum has hit 200k miles on his Patriot with minor issues but including ball joints and control arms. Moog carries replacement parts for the Patriot with lifetime warranty.

#16 ·
My 07 Sport 4x4 trade in was 7k with 90k on it, with quite a few options.

That said 12 seems high for a base model, 10 would be better considering they weren't all that expensive new.

Also I've read of more issues with the 5 speed so far than the CVT, neither seem to be consistently terrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.