5 year Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Inspection ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 5 year Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Inspection ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #16
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
What the heck is wrong with dealer/parts guys these days? Man they are useless.

OEM plugs are NGK V-Power ZFR5F-11 which is a copper core. Says so right in your owner's manual( 2007-2012 models all show same thing - starting 2013-2014 they just say use MOPAR plugs but show same gap ).

Do yourself a big favor and look in your owner's manual FIRST. Lots of good and useful info in them.

2011 Jeep Patriot
Owner's Manual
Page 439

Air filters for the 2011+ models are hard to find in stock for some reason. 2007-2010 were a regular flat panel filter but starting in 2011 they went to a round canister type. I got mine at PepBoys( Purolator ). You can also check out a local Napa( Part # 9014 ). If they don't have it in stock they can ususally have it that day or the next.

Other filter #'s for you...

Wix( same thing as the Nap Gold above ) = 49014
Purolator = A16168
Hastings = AF1531
Fram = CA11048
a word of caution about going to the owner's manual first: as a dealer, i noticed a TON of misinformation in my 2011 owner's manual, to the tune of showing the wrong key, pointing to the wrong lever on the seat when explaining the movement, saying that i have lumbar support, and saying that all MKs with the touch screen radio came with bluetooth (mine did not). the owner's manual for the 2011 left a lot to be desired, i have not thoroughly read through the 2012+ to check for accuracy.

IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #17
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
a word of caution about going to the owner's manual first: as a dealer, i noticed a TON of misinformation in my 2011 owner's manual, to the tune of showing the wrong key, pointing to the wrong lever on the seat when explaining the movement, saying that i have lumbar support, and saying that all MKs with the touch screen radio came with bluetooth (mine did not). the owner's manual for the 2011 left a lot to be desired, i have not thoroughly read through the 2012+ to check for accuracy.
I agree. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee manual is on its 3rd edition already, and the vehicle is just showing up on dealer's lots.
I like to use online owner's manuals because they get updated.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

So yes the Mopar plugs are NGK plugs. Nickel ones.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #19
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
So yes the Mopar plugs are NGK plugs. Nickel ones.
If you took an NGK plug out of that MOPAR box and it said NGK with a big R under it that is a standard NGK V-Power copper core spark plug. The copper core is plated with nickel to make it more durable but it is still a copper core plug. The core is not nickel.

It appears however that NGK has reclassified/renamed their plugs and they are calling these nickel plugs now. Why I can't say? They are still the regular copper core V-Powers they have always made. Really odd that now they are deciding to call them nickel plugs? Marketing?

So we are all right I guess. Not being a jerk here either just FYI. Just pointing out that regardless of what they are calling them now they are regular old copper core plugs. You can go to any parts store and get NGK V-Power plugs with the ZFR5F-11 part # and it will be the EXACT same plug as those MOPAR SP0ZFR5F11 plugs you paid too much for at the dealer that say nickel. I should have realized this before as nickel would not make a good core material at all. It is hard and durable and is used commonly to plate the copper cores but it is not a good conductor and is not used as the core material itself. For some reason I was thinking they meant nickel core and that is not correct.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
You're being nitpicky. Obviously the last 7 numbers are the same. And again the manual does not say copper. I trust the dealer found the right part off the VIN number.
1 - I did not say the manual said copper. I wasn't clear the 1st time with my manual comment true but I explained that in my next post. I meant the manual shows the part #.

2 - Part # is right and the plugs in that MOPAR box you posted the photo of are NGK V-Powers. Nickel plated copper core plugs. Regular standard plug. FYI - tons of OEM parts are simply aftermarket parts repackaged into OEM boxes. Champion, Bosch, and NGK all do the various MOPAR plugs. MOPAR plugs are not actually MOPAR made. They get them made and then put into OEM boxes. The Patriot OEM plugs are NGK.

3 - I am not being nitpicky. I am trying to teach you the correct info( I worked parts for YEARS ). See my post above this one. Calling them nickel plugs is kind of misleading and I think is a modern day marketing gimmick. They are copper cores in reality.

was trying to help you out not insult you.
Active Drive I
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #21
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

And I already forgot the $8 I paid too much for. ie, it's not a big deal. I felt better buying them from the dealer, which creates a paper trail back to them if anything goes wrong.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #22
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
And I already forgot the $8 I paid too much for. ie, it's not a big deal. I felt better buying them from the dealer, which creates a paper trail back to them if anything goes wrong.
Active Drive I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.