5 speed manual compass?a - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 5 speed manual compass?a

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 01-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

5 speed manual compass?a

Does anyone own a new Jeep Compass with a 5-speed manual transmission? I'm just curious. I have had mine now well over 200k mi. I love it and have had no troubles with it and still to this day average better than window sticker fuel mileage from it.
Still woth winter upon me and snow tires on and setting and idiling warming up and stop and go traffic I still never average less than about 28MPG from it. When I'm cruising the highway I still can muster about 31 average.
The other day it was about the lowest I had seen it. It was reading 27.8 average when I started off to work. I have a 1 hr. 20 min drive each way. By the time I made it back home my average jumped back to 29.4 MPG.

But the reason for this post. I currently have 209k mi. on my jeep compass and was seriously considering a new one. Chrysler has some good year end deals right now! So I went to my Jeep dealer and found out that for 2013 Chrysler dropped the manual for the higher end packages. 5-speed is now available only in the sport trim. No lattitude or limited package.

My Jeep Compass is indeed a rare configuration. I had to specifically order my Compass exactly as I wanted it. It is a 2007 FWD Limited 5-speed manual.

I was pround to see that when my Compass was delivered to me new my name was printed on the window sticker at the factory letting all workers know that this vehicle was ordered and built for me. Now Chrysler changes stuff and I can't even buy the same thing now. Makes me made. I guess Chrysler doesn't care about there customers.

Given the miles I drive I absolutely love the ability to control the vehicle with a manual transmission. The FWD save me fuel and the manual transmission saves me lots of fuel.
Now I can't even get a new one unless I'm willing to sacafice alot of fuel mileage and money.

cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

What about an Outlander Sport ?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

I had an 08 compass sport, during the winter i'd get ~25 mpgs... the summer time pretty much the same as you. I had to trade it in for an 2011 auto (so the wife could drive it)
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
ZeJokee
1993 ZJ 

I would love to be able to get a 5spd compass Limted but with the freedom drive 2 package. Going to have to talk to a dealer about this when my wife gets a 13 compass.
99 WJ Ltd, Blacked out, 4.7L, 242j Swap, 2'' BB, 245/75/16 Kuhmo Venture AT KL78, Flow Master Super 40, MagnaFlow high flow Cat, Akebono caliper upgrade, Addco rear swaybar, Westin brush guard, Moog Super Trail Boss, Rancho RS5000, Rola roof rack with dual kayak J hooks, PAC-AOEM-CHR, Sony Xplod 1200w amp, 2 Sony Xplod 12'' subs, 118,XXX miles (SOLD)
93 ZJ Ltd, Blacked out, 5.2L, Reman 46RH, Reman 242 Swap, 3.5'' IRO + 2" BB, 33x12.50r15 Mud Claw MTX radials, Bushwacker Flares, 216,XXX miles (Still parked in NC)
04 F-350 SD Crew Cab FX4 Lariat, 6.0 PSD SRW, Head studs, AFE Stage 2 SI Pro Guard 7 intake, Blue Spring mod, 150,XXX Miles

ZeJokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
aroundincircles
2012 MK Patriot 

cant get FDII with a manual, as to get the "low range" it has to have the cvt, cannot even get the new 6speed auto on the FDII package, still has the cvt.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
zstatman
2013 MK Compass 

I have the 2011 5-speed Compass and really enjoy the "control" of the transmission. I do notice that if caught in a mud patch in 1st gear, anti-slip or slide or whatever it's called is on, the vehicle jumps. Not sure what is going on.

Anyway, great fun

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" (anonymous)
zstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
ZeJokee
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
cant get FDII with a manual, as to get the "low range" it has to have the cvt, cannot even get the new 6speed auto on the FDII package, still has the cvt.
Yep that is what I thought. I miss the good ole days of being able to pick what engine you want, as long as it was offered for that vehicle in that year, and the transmission you want. Kinda like when you could buy a ZJ with the 318 and 5 speed and the 242 select-trac. Awesome configuration but damn, it is rare to come across since it had to be special ordered.
99 WJ Ltd, Blacked out, 4.7L, 242j Swap, 2'' BB, 245/75/16 Kuhmo Venture AT KL78, Flow Master Super 40, MagnaFlow high flow Cat, Akebono caliper upgrade, Addco rear swaybar, Westin brush guard, Moog Super Trail Boss, Rancho RS5000, Rola roof rack with dual kayak J hooks, PAC-AOEM-CHR, Sony Xplod 1200w amp, 2 Sony Xplod 12'' subs, 118,XXX miles (SOLD)
93 ZJ Ltd, Blacked out, 5.2L, Reman 46RH, Reman 242 Swap, 3.5'' IRO + 2" BB, 33x12.50r15 Mud Claw MTX radials, Bushwacker Flares, 216,XXX miles (Still parked in NC)
04 F-350 SD Crew Cab FX4 Lariat, 6.0 PSD SRW, Head studs, AFE Stage 2 SI Pro Guard 7 intake, Blue Spring mod, 150,XXX Miles

ZeJokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
aroundincircles
2012 MK Patriot 

the problem is that to get the "low range" they had to put in a lower final drive, and that just wouldn't work with a manual transmission, and i think the hill decent control and break lock differential would reak havoc on a manual transmission.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.