Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

46000 miles and i need new tires

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Gramps 
#1 ·
so it's time for those firestone affinity's to get the boot off the MK and I couldnt be happier because I'm getting Michlien hydroedge!!! plus alignment finally after not getting it done when i lowered it. so what else have you all put on that has seemed to work out as far as tires. also anything else i should look to do around 46000 miles, ive already done the brakes once although the rotors are shot again.

#2 ·
You might consider altering your driving habits a bit :confused: You shouldn't be going through rotors and tires like that.

#3 ·
I'm not surprised at the tires. That's really pretty good compared to the Firehawks! Are you staying with the stock size? 215R6017" ?

I just did my front brakes at 56K and my wife thinks I'm hard on them. Did you do the rotors too the first time around? Maybe warped rotors caused an early failure...

#4 ·
no i just did the pads i figured i'd wait on the rotors till i found some cross drilled and slotted for the front. the rear shoes im still trying to find a coversion kit to change them to disc. Oh and can i fit grand cherokee srt-8 wheels on the compass a friend of mine is selling some for 400 and i kinda want to pic them up

#5 ·
The first time you may have had warped rotors that caused an early failure, the second time - same thing.

Sorry, don't know a conversion kit but you may be able to get the pieces from a wrecking yard.

SRT8 bolt patter in 5 on 5"; MK's are 5 on 4 1/2". Not gonna fit.

#7 ·
The HydroEdge was also one of my finalist for tires. I think you've made a good choise there.

Lowering is out of my realm of expertise but you may want to check out what's available for the Calibers or see if someone else replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.