2nd tow in less than a week - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2nd tow in less than a week

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Annoyed
2012 MK Compass 

2nd tow in less than a week

I purchased a new 2012 Compass 18 days ago. Last Thursday after registering the car I went to leave and it wouldn't move. Had to have it towed back to the dealer. They said it was a bad ABS module. Finally got it back last night and it seemed fine on the way home. After less than 9 miles this morning, it refused to go faster than 30 and bucked. So back on the tow truck it went. Oh and as the tow guy was loading it he noticed that the back bumper near the exhaust pipe was melting.
I don't see anything else on here about these issues. Is this typical or a fluke? Any insights? I thought I was getting rid of car issues when I got rid of the Subaru.
Thanks.

Annoyed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I've never heard anything of the sort. Keep in touch let us know what they find. If it fails a third time you may be able to return it under lemon law for full refund. Check your local laws.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
JeepCares

Annoyed - did the dealer fix it?
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

that's very unusual, i've never heard of these issues before, especially not combined. definitely keep us informed.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

The rear bumper thing is a problem on a few vehicles...not a very frequent issue but it has happened on several Patriot's in the past which leads me to believe that it'd do the same on Compass'
As far as the other thing I am lost. Good luck with that.
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
715raccing

So sorry to hear of your problems.I had more than my share and finally decided to buy a new Toyota Tundra.
715raccing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Annoyed
2012 MK Compass 

I've had it back for 24 hours and have driven about 50 miles. So far so good. They said it was the brakes again, that they were building pressure as I drove. They think the bumper issue was caused by the tow truck, but they've ordered a new bumper and will let me know when it comes in. Hoping it doesn't happen again!
Thanks for the replies. It does help to know that the issue isn't typical. I just can't deal with another car constantly breaking down.
Annoyed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
12compass
2012 MK Compass 

well my compass multiple times when i first got it use to have bouts of bucking i assume from the cvt tranny i took it to the dealer they had it a week and said they found nothing it has done it once or twice since but barely at all when i turn 21 so they will actually provide a rental i will take it back if it is still bucking
12compass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.