2k10 Compass : squeakee suspension noise? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2k10 Compass : squeakee suspension noise?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
SimmZ
2010 MK Compass 

2k10 Compass : squeakee suspension noise?

I just get my 2k10 Compass back from the dealer where they change several suspension/direction components to take care of a knocking noise in the suspension and a slack feeling in the steering wheels. Consequent to that, most of the problem are fixed, no more knocking sound in the suspension and steering wheel is firmer and more precise.

Only one annoying thing is remaining, when I hit a smooth bump or hole and the suspension is deploying/compressing slowly I ear a small squeakee sound out of the front end of the car... sounding like an old boxspring mattress!!

It not very loud actually and when the radio is playing who can't really ear it, but this morning I ran the radio OFF to pay attention to any suspicious sound after my dealer's visit and I clearly ear that.

Maybe this noise can be the result of a break-in period on the new bushing they put on the car yesterday?

Please reply ASAP cause there's only 1700 KM (or 10 days) remaining to my warranty!!!

PS: Sorry for my average english language...

Unread 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Let the new parts break in.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
SimmZ
2010 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
Let the new parts break in.
Thx!
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmZ View Post
I just get my 2k10 Compass back from the dealer where they change several suspension/direction components to take care of a knocking noise in the suspension and a slack feeling in the steering wheels. Consequent to that, most of the problem are fixed, no more knocking sound in the suspension and steering wheel is firmer and more precise.

Only one annoying thing is remaining, when I hit a smooth bump or hole and the suspension is deploying/compressing slowly I ear a small squeakee sound out of the front end of the car... sounding like an old boxspring mattress!!

It not very loud actually and when the radio is playing who can't really ear it, but this morning I ran the radio OFF to pay attention to any suspicious sound after my dealer's visit and I clearly ear that.

Maybe this noise can be the result of a break-in period on the new bushing they put on the car yesterday?

Please reply ASAP cause there's only 1700 KM (or 10 days) remaining to my warranty!!!

PS: Sorry for my average english language...
If it's still squeaking after a couple of days take it back and have them look at it. Tell them about the squeak, maybe it's a loose part or something that can be easily remedied.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

And crank the tunes louder
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Spray some silicone dry lubricant on all of the rubber parts. That was my fix.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.