JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   2k10 Compass : squeakee suspension noise? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/2k10-compass-squeakee-suspension-noise-1504434/)

SimmZ 04-05-2013 07:38 AM

2k10 Compass : squeakee suspension noise?

I just get my 2k10 Compass back from the dealer where they change several suspension/direction components to take care of a knocking noise in the suspension and a slack feeling in the steering wheels. Consequent to that, most of the problem are fixed, no more knocking sound in the suspension and steering wheel is firmer and more precise.

Only one annoying thing is remaining, when I hit a smooth bump or hole and the suspension is deploying/compressing slowly I ear a small squeakee sound out of the front end of the car... sounding like an old boxspring mattress!!

It not very loud actually and when the radio is playing who can't really ear it, but this morning I ran the radio OFF to pay attention to any suspicious sound after my dealer's visit and I clearly ear that.

Maybe this noise can be the result of a break-in period on the new bushing they put on the car yesterday?

Please reply ASAP cause there's only 1700 KM (or 10 days) remaining to my warranty!!! :eek: :eek:

PS: Sorry for my average english language...

FujativeOCR 04-05-2013 11:28 AM

Let the new parts break in.

SimmZ 04-05-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FujativeOCR (Post 15251358)
Let the new parts break in.

Thx! :)

jacko15 04-05-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimmZ (Post 15250205)
I just get my 2k10 Compass back from the dealer where they change several suspension/direction components to take care of a knocking noise in the suspension and a slack feeling in the steering wheels. Consequent to that, most of the problem are fixed, no more knocking sound in the suspension and steering wheel is firmer and more precise.

Only one annoying thing is remaining, when I hit a smooth bump or hole and the suspension is deploying/compressing slowly I ear a small squeakee sound out of the front end of the car... sounding like an old boxspring mattress!!

It not very loud actually and when the radio is playing who can't really ear it, but this morning I ran the radio OFF to pay attention to any suspicious sound after my dealer's visit and I clearly ear that.

Maybe this noise can be the result of a break-in period on the new bushing they put on the car yesterday?

Please reply ASAP cause there's only 1700 KM (or 10 days) remaining to my warranty!!! :eek: :eek:

PS: Sorry for my average english language...

If it's still squeaking after a couple of days take it back and have them look at it. Tell them about the squeak, maybe it's a loose part or something that can be easily remedied.

FujativeOCR 04-05-2013 02:50 PM

And crank the tunes louder

Gramps 04-06-2013 05:56 AM

Spray some silicone dry lubricant on all of the rubber parts. That was my fix.

The time now is 03:26 AM.