25,000 mile work on patriot? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 25,000 mile work on patriot?

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

25,000 mile work on patriot?

the wife took her patriot in to the dealership because the drivers front keyless entry quit working..... the guy told her it needs (she didn't tell me exactly) some service at 25,000 miles for the lifetime powertrain warranty to stay valid..... it's gonna cost almost $300..... is this a crock or legit?? is it something only the dealer can do?? i'm outta town or i'd go in there myself.....

Unread 05-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

it's a legit crock.

check your lifetime warrantee agreement. it says you have to have it serviced x often.
polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

on that note..... can only the dealer do it?
Unread 05-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Look at this site and contact them if you need to. http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

I clicked on "Lifetime Warranty" and it now says to take it in for a free inspection every 5 years but it doesn't say that additional work has to be performed by the dealer. I also kind of recall there was an odd ball kind of mileage requirement too but I can't find it now.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
tazman900
2008 MK Patriot 

In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by the Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue this coverage.

This is what's on the websight talking about the Warranty. There may be some other service in your owners manual that says needs to done at 25k, but according to the above the Warranty check is no charge.
Rich
tazman900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

good info..... i'll call another dealer tomorrow and see what they say.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.