2015 Jeep Patriot? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2015 Jeep Patriot?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
ODubhGhaill
2014 MK Patriot 

2015 Jeep Patriot?

Great Forum here, lurked for awhile, and now my first: Patriot sales for June 2013 are record setting for the model. The Liberty replacement Cherokee 4x2 debut is delayed, possibly to December, with 4x4 models even longer? I have read vague reports of a replacement for the Patriot/Compass and the introduction of some metroEuromini Jeep, but not to fear, there will be a "trail rated" version. It makes no sense to me that Jeep would discontinue the Patriot in 2015 given all this -- thoughts?

ODubhGhaill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I agree
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

its due for a major upgrade, its been on the same platform for 7 model years. My hope? the keep the patriot name, and body style, and put it on the new cherokee chassis... but strip it of all the froofroo stuff, and make it cheap and basic.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
ezzymo1024

I just hope I can still get one with a decent off-road option. A trail rated replacement for the patriot/compass would rock! And a 16" wheel option for off-road.
ezzymo1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
Sarkus

The sales are good but an argument can be made that its the result of the Liberty not being in the lineup. The Cherokee is supposed to replace that, so if late year sales of the Pat begin to drop off, then I think the plan to replace the Pat in the 2015 model year will go forward, assuming there have not been any delays in the development of its replacement. Since Jeep has plans for a sub-compact Fiat platform based mini-SUV, the Compass and Patriot will be merged into a single vehicle in the same size range. I could see them using the Patriot name over the Compass, but I expect major changes either way. Though it would be nice if they kept the basic Patriot shape and just gave it the updated 4cyl engine and transmission we are seeing in the new Cherokee.

I doubt we'll hear anything officially until late this year at the earliest unless the Cherokee bombs. My best guess would be a Jan. 2014 Detroit Auto Show reveal.

As for trail rated, the head of Jeep has said all future Jeeps will at least have a trail rated model in the lineup. Even that sub-compact Fiat based thing.
Sarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
ODubhGhaill
2014 MK Patriot 

Depressing. Utterly depressing. Fiat/Jeeps. I wonder how long into 2014 I will be able to order a 2014 Patriot Latitude FDII from my local dealer before they are no more? I'm hoping well into April, as it seems the Cherokee release continues to be set back, now appx. December for the 4x4 versions?
ODubhGhaill is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.