2014 jeep patriot rough start? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2014 jeep patriot rough start?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
YoungL

2014 jeep patriot rough start?

My 2014 patriot has 3,000 miles on it. I have had it shut off on me once at a red light, but started right back up. It has also had trouble starting randomly about 10 other times. Baiscally I will turn the key and hear it trying to start, but it wont start. I will then release the key and turn it again, then the patriot starts right up. It seems to happen if the car has been sitting a few hours, but not fully overnight. Can anyone explain this to me? The dealer wants to charge a fortune to "find" the problem, even though its under warranty!

YoungL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
DEF1ANT
2014 MK Compass 

My 2014 Compass one time cranked longer than normal to start (It had about 1k miles on it) but it started and has never died on me. Try a different dealer and file a claim at Chrysler, I would also say it should be covered under the 100k warranty.

Also, there is no need to hold the key on the ignition. If I recall, all new models have tip start, which cranks the engine over until it starts with out having to hold the key on the ignition setting.
DEF1ANT is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.