2014 Jeep Patriot Issue... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2014 Jeep Patriot Issue...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 02-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
YoungL

2014 Jeep Patriot Issue...

My 2014 Jeep Patiot I bought in September. It only has 3,000 miles on it but I have noticed a random issue I hope you guys can explain. The vehicle will randomly have a rough start. It has happened a total of 11 times in the past 5 months. It completely shut off at a red light in October once, but then started right back up. The other times it will sound like it's tryin to start and wond start when I turn the key. I will then try once more and it starts right up. It seems to happen if it sits for a couple hours, but not a full night. Like if I come home from work and then have to run an errand 3 hours later... and ideas? The Stealership wants to charge me 120 dollars an hour to find the problem, when the vehicle is under warranty!

YoungL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

That seams crazy that the dealer wants to charge you. Did they say why? The rough start I would guess would be the tip start. I had a few rough starts when my patriot was new because I didn't realize I even had the tip start and was messing it up by holding the key. But the shut off? that's not safe. If your dealer won't take a look without charging you call Chrysler directly.
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I wonder if this is the whole story? Its new, FIAT says no way going to cost you 120$ an hour, for the monkeys with a wrench to look at at it? Something smells here like Bank Speak

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.