2014 Compass Limited w DRL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2014 Compass Limited w DRL

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
TonyGia

2014 Compass Limited w DRL

Hey guys!

New to the forum! Just bought a new 2014 Compass yesterday, Black on Saddle with all the available options! Using this car as my daily and want to install HIDs for Low Beam and Fogs.

Top is Bi Halogen, and bottom is projectors I believe. Also has high beam DRLs.

SO! Before I order the wrong parts or set this up improperly, any insight as to what bulbs are correct for Low beam/ Fogs? Also, any "Error Cancel" system or Relays?

TIA!!

TonyGia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGia View Post
Hey guys!

New to the forum! Just bought a new 2014 Compass yesterday, Black on Saddle with all the available options! Using this car as my daily and want to install HIDs for Low Beam and Fogs.
Congrats on the 14 Compass! I very well "MIGHT" get one tomorrow myself! We'll have to see how it goes. I'm looking a Latitude with Sun/Sound, 18" chrome wheels and maybe a 430 radio. I can get it for around $4000 under MSRP.

I would do more research on the HIDs. Everything I've research shows they are NOT worth the time and money. There are better alternatives out there.
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
TonyGia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Congrats on the 14 Compass! I very well "MIGHT" get one tomorrow myself! We'll have to see how it goes. I'm looking a Latitude with Sun/Sound, 18" chrome wheels and maybe a 430 radio. I can get it for around $4000 under MSRP.
Thanks! Yea there's some awesome incentives out right now. I got the Limited package with every option available and I love it so far. Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
I would do more research on the HIDs. Everything I've research shows they are NOT worth the time and money. There are better alternatives out there.
That's what I'm trying to find out, I'm doing as much digging as I can to figure this out before I do anything.
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGia View Post
I got the Limited package with every option available and I love it so far. Good luck!!
How do you like the handling ? The ride ?

Will it serve as a good long range commuter ?
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

I haven't done much research with the new body style since going to my ford store, do the limited models have projector headlights? if not, stay away from any HID conversion, is the shortest recommendation.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 02:27 AM   #6
DEF1ANT
2014 MK Compass 

I had the same idea of running HID's on the fog lights and projector headlights on my 2014 Limited. You can run HID's on the foglights with a harness with out any problems but on the projector headlights, they will not work. The headlights and interior lighting will turn off and on randomly when you have the headlights on. I tried this with a HID harness and even with capacitors (Error Cancelers) with no luck. Keep the stock 9012 HIR2 bulbs in the headlights projectors, those bulbs are actually very bright and expensive.

As for the fog lights, you will need a H11 HID kit. They are not too difficult to install. There are a few bolts that hold the inner splash shields, once those are out you can open up the shield and have access to the fog lights.

Do the DRL's stay on all the time on yours? or do they only turn on with the parking lights and headlights?
DEF1ANT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #7
TonyGia

Thanks so far for the help guys. It seems that an HID Project is more trouble than good?
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #8
TonyGia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu
How do you like the handling ? The ride ? Will it serve as a good long range commuter ?
Love everything so far, I think it would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart
I haven't done much research with the new body style since going to my ford store, do the limited models have projector headlights? if not, stay away from any HID conversion, is the shortest recommendation.
Yea they do it's a bi-halogen projector so it's kinda awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEF1ANT
Do the DRL's stay on all the time on yours? or do they only turn on with the parking lights and headlights?
Not sure yet to be honest, I'm almost positive they are always on. I haven't had time to mess with the car yet, just drive it lol!

The fogs say it's an h11 LL bulb which I'm guessing is just an L Style
Unread 01-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
DEF1ANT
2014 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGia
Not sure yet to be honest, I'm almost positive they are always on. I haven't had time to mess with the car yet, just drive it lol! The fogs say it's an h11 LL bulb which I'm guessing is just an L Style
On mine they only stay on when the parking lights are on, I was curious to know if yours function the same.

The LL stands for Long Life. If you ever need to replace them, any H11 bulb will do.
DEF1ANT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #10
tj_nite
2014 MK Compass 

picking mine up tomorrow cant wait first step hid's
5d7147580289c88bdb907862ace554d6x.jpg

183fc68fa62205807f9dff3d6832b8fdx.jpg

b9b7c69757a6021fdd54765a0707b6a0x.jpg

*SOLD 2001 wj laredo 4x4. will be missed *
tj_nite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

hids are a very bad idea for these cars unless you're replacing the entire housing. do your homework before you get roped into buying something that people are telling you is "better"
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.