2014 Compass.....How do you like yours ? Any Issues ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2014 Compass.....How do you like yours ? Any Issues ?

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 02-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #16
Tyler-98-W68
2012 MK Compass 

Had a 2008 FDII Patriot bought new in 2008, upgraded to a 2012 FDII compass in 2012, loved them both

Tyler-98-W68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #17
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busmaster2 View Post
..the 2014 is a much nicer car despite the similar trim level (latitude). The interior stitching and increased use of padded surfaces is a far cry from the almost crude interior of the old one.

The new transmission is great, very peppy and responsive giving better mileage in the bargain. All in all, this is a very nice car.

[/color]
x2.

The new (6) speed automatic took away all the sluggishness the other MKs exhibit. My 2014 has very nice power (not a lot of course), but more than adequate to get the job done.

The 2014 interior has nice quality material through out. Does not have the cheap feeling previous models had.

All in all, the new MKs are very under rated IMHO.
- 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade Rocky Mountian Edition - gone
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #18
tgraham

Have had 2014 compass limited for 4 months. I love it! We have had a BAD winter here in NJ. 64 inches if snow so far.. My compass has not let me down when it was time to ride thru the snow storms and Ice ... This is my 4th jeep. My liberty was my fave. But for brand new. LOVE IT!
tgraham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #19
XJ99
Draft Line

2006 XK Commander 

Have a newer Compass with the 2.0 6 speed auto as
a rental while the Commander is getting worked on.
I have to say this little thing moves pretty good!
Thinking about getting one for the wife as a DD.
Need to do some research on gas mileage, would
rather have AWD, instead of front only...
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #20
GMC2MK
2014 MK Compass 

Picked up a 2014 with the 2.4, FD1, and 6 speed auto for the wife’s DD. She’s getting an average of 25.5 mpg with it at about 1200 miles in a little over a month. She’s no speed demon and about 60 to 70% of her drive is in the country with little or no traffic and a lot of dirt roads. Plus she loves the thing. I've started to toy with getting rid of my old 95 Jimmy and getting a 2nd one.
GMC2MK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #21
srq2002
2010 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu
I'm pondering buying a 2014 Compass 4x4 here real soon.

Those that have em, how do you like it ?

Are there any issues I need to be aware of before I buy ?
FWIW, I'm starting year four with a 2010 Compass(2.4L, 5 speed, FWD), and have had zero problems. Really enjoying it.
srq2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #22
Nancyebmn
2014 MK Compass 

Tranny pump failed

Hi . Got my 2014 Compass Limited with 62 miles on it 4-22 and 5-6 the transmission pump and converter failed. It's at dealership waiting for parts. Under warranty but I'm freaked out. No one has heard about this problem according to them .
Nancyebmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #23
Subie-Jeep
2014 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyebmn View Post
Hi . Got my 2014 Compass Limited with 62 miles on it 4-22 and 5-6 the transmission pump and converter failed. It's at dealership waiting for parts. Under warranty but I'm freaked out. No one has heard about this problem according to them .
its a good thing that no one else has had this happen,it just means yours had a defect and its not a common failure .every vehicle (or every item for that matter) ever made is going to have a few that fail early and that's what warranties are for.
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS w/ too much to list here
1994 Toyota 4Runner-I couldn't destroy it but the rust was making good progress-Traded in.
Subie-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #24
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie-Jeep View Post
its a good thing that no one else has had this happen,it just means yours had a defect and its not a common failure .every vehicle (or every item for that matter) ever made is going to have a few that fail early and that's what warranties are for.

My 14 just went over 5,000 miles with ZERO issues.

The engine is finally broken in and I'm seeing around 28 MPGs +/- Highway. The engine gained a good bit of power over the last couple thousand miles during the break in period! VERY noticeable ! It's much more responsive now!

The engine used to be quite loud and snarly (growling upon acceleration) IMHO. To be truthful, I wasn't too happy with the engine sound and lack of pep when I first bought it. Very happy with it now!
Unread 07-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #25
merkurman
2014 MK Compass 

New 2014 Compass Limited...

Well it finally showed up... I got my new 2014 Compass Limited and started getting used to it...

Had 10 miles on it on delivery...After the first 100 miles I have a few observations...

1. The Jeep is a little tighter than my 2012 Escape...I carry a bit of equipment for work and the rear hatch area holds it all albeit with a little less space...

2. This vehicle has decent power obviously it is not broken in...It is getting better every day though.. This vehicle will be a street only vehicle like all my work vehicles and I managed to clock 200 miles today on it and the engine is getting with the program the more I drive it...

3. Where is the darn storage???My old Escape had 2 overhead bins plus front seat rear pockets and a huge center console...To hold my sunglasses, legal papers, sidearm etc. I bought 2 front seat rear organizers...It is reminding me of my Camaro convertible but with less space overall...But I can't drive the Camaro for work so the Compass it is...
merkurman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #26
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkurman View Post
3. Where is the darn storage??? My old Escape had 2 overhead bins plus front seat rear pockets and a huge center console...To hold my sunglasses, legal papers, sidearm etc. I bought 2 front seat rear organizers...It is reminding me of my Camaro convertible but with less space overall...But I can't drive the Camaro for work so the Compass it is...
The Escape gives you all that storage for $5-7000 MORE than your Compass! So quit complaining already! LOL ! J/K!

I seriously considered the new Escape as well but NOT worth the extra $$$ IMHO. :>)

BTW, my Compass really woke up after 4-5000 miles! Much more power, less engine "growling" and real big increase in MPGs as well!
Unread 07-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #27
merkurman
2014 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
The Escape gives you all that storage for $5-7000 MORE than your Compass! So quit complaining already! LOL ! J/K!

I seriously considered the new Escape as well but NOT worth the extra $$$ IMHO. :>)

BTW, my Compass really woke up after 4-5000 miles! Much more power, less engine "growling" and real big increase in MPGs as well!
Actually one of my co-workers got the SE Escape and they were both in the 26-27k range...My Limited was 27425 and his Escape SE was 26968 if memory serves....

Being a large guy[6'4"+, 340 ish lbs] and my right leg is in pain pressed up against the center console...Today I used the wool bonnet from my polisher folded in half to cushion the console from my leg...
Unread 07-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #28
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually one of my co-workers got the SE Escape and they were both in the 26-27k range...My Limited was 27425 and his Escape SE was 26968 if memory serves.......
Ok, the Escape SE is the Mid-range model as is my Compass Latitude.

Your Compass Limited (high end model) is the equivalent to the Escape's High end model Titaniun....which BTW, starts at $29,700 in the FWD model ($29,100 Starting MSR).

Is your Compass a 4x4 ? Is your co-worker's Escape 4x4 ?
Unread 07-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #29
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Today I used the wool bonnet from my polisher folded in half to cushion the console from my leg...
The huge middle console is something I really dislike about my Compass as well. Jeep could have done a much better job in space saving around the console and shifter area IMHO.
Unread 07-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #30
merkurman
2014 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Ok, the Escape SE is the Mid-range model as is my Compass Latitude.

Your Compass Limited (high end model) is the equivalent to the Escape's High end model Titaniun....which BTW, starts at $29,700 in the FWD model ($29,100 Starting MSR).

Is your Compass a 4x4 ? Is your co-worker's Escape 4x4 ?
The Comparison between the two vehicles are both FWD vehicles...Our vehicles will never see off-road and in central Texas there is no need for 4x4...Granted the Compass Limited is a higher end model vs. the Escape SE in that the Escape did not come with leather interior, heated front seats, 115 volt inverter, or the in-dash DVD touchscreen system but honestly I would give all that up for a wider chassis Cherokee or no center console Compass...

The engine in the Compass is not as anemic as some have stated either...It's no Ecoboost turbo but as each mile goes by[447 miles so far ] the engine gets better in acceleration and driving it is fun...It is a better handling vehicle than my 2012 Escape though it is no Charger R/T...

I drove a 2014 Escape SE for 3 weeks last year and it also has a center console/ dash lower area that is a problem for me and others as well..I actually wondered out loud if I could get my 2012 Escape back but it was past the mileage point where we turn them back in...

I did find that the manual driver seat Compass Sport will actually drop more in front and rear than the power drivers seat...I guess that is why I thought the seat/dash/console would be a problem when I drive fit a Compass before ordering it... It was a Compass Sport I was shown because they did not have any Limiteds on the lot...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.