2014 Compass FD1 FD2 Future - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2014 Compass FD1 FD2 Future

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 04-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
screebasher

2014 Compass FD1 FD2 Future

Just wondering the future plans for the Jeep Compass? Posted this at "my jeep compass" but things are pretty quiet there.

I saw they have made available (April 2013) a true 6 speed automatic transmission, Hyundai 6F24 gear ratio 4.21 to 0.77 but only with FD1.

Does anyone know if they will scrap the CVT with the FD2 and use the 6F24 tranny for the FD2 say by mid 2013 or end of 2013?

My calculations if correct? Show the 6F24 would provide a gear of 4.21 x 4.12 or 17.34 which compares favorably with the current FD2 with CVT of 19.1.

FD1 with CVT was 14.4.

Still looking for reasonable gas mileage 4x4 capable of light off roading to hiking trail heads (Colorado) but no CVT. Of course would want to do the RRO or Masterkit1 lift with 29inch tires.

Thanks

screebasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I thought 2014 was the last year for Compass/Patriot. Then it goes to a Alfa platform that will probably flop.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

it all depends, sales for the patriot at least have never been higher. part of me feels like the new cherokee is the really the replacement of the patriot/compass line... the dementions are very similar it seems like, and why have 3 cars of all the same size?

but I really really hope that they upgrade the patriot/compass and use a similar body style (I prefer the patriot) and use the cherokee's v6 and awd system. which uses an actual transfer case and low range from what I understand. if they did that, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but they will not drop the CVT off the FDII MK's unless they do another refresh or redesign.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, and Jeep Wrangler all had solid sales during the March. The Compass set a sales record for the month of March with its sizeable 28 percent increase, while the Patriot recorded its best March sales in five years. Wrangler sales were up 3 percent while the Jeep Grand Cherokee charted its best sales month so far this year.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
screebasher

Yes, it could be down the road there will be one model (hope not) for the Jeep Patriot/Compass, next level model would be Jeep Cherokee(Liberty), then the top of the line Jeep GC. I am doubtful the gas mileage would be all that great with a 3.6 litre engine 21 versus the 2.4 at 27 highway.

For my purposes perhaps a FD1 with a lift, bigger tires and skid plates would be satisfactory? Not sure if the FD2 gets a beefier suspension? I see the FD2 has a 140 alternator, hill descent, brake control, and trail rated.

Best regards
Allan
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

That 140 amp alt is the main reason i have fd2.
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
screebasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
That 140 amp alt is the main reason i have fd2.
Oh ok, if you are not pulling my leg, how so?
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

For the stereo. Easier than trying to build an alternator or installing an expensive one. One thats designed to work with the car seemed like the easy way to go. Now they cant blame me if other electrical components fail because I haven't changed anything.
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #9
screebasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
For the stereo. Easier than trying to build an alternator or installing an expensive one. One thats designed to work with the car seemed like the easy way to go. Now they cant blame me if other electrical components fail because I haven't changed anything.
Oh ok now I see. Do you know if your FD2 has beefier suspension. I am aware of the front control arm ball joint issues of the past. Have they been rectified for 2013 forwards?

Thanks
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I dont know how it compares. It was creaky when new. Gotten better over time. Only 18k now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.