2013 Jeep Compass, should we buy? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2013 Jeep Compass, should we buy?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

2013 Jeep Compass, should we buy?

So my fiance is in the market for a bigger vehicle to replace her 2010 scion xd, after looking at the new Jeep grand cherokee's she felt they were a little big for her. So walking around she spotted the 2013 Compass and sat inside and loved it. I have heard reviews that the 2.0L engine are quite underpowered and sluggish. Can anyone give some real work experience on this issue? We aren't worried about 4x4 as we have my 05 Limited WK. If there are some things you would change what would they be? What do you like and don't like specifically about the 2013 Jeep Compass Sport. Thanks!

Unread 02-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

Hello from the WK forum...lol

My wife and I (me begrudgingly) just bought a '14 Patriot over the Compass partially because of styling and partially because of a mutual hatred of the CVT. Ours has the 2.4 and 6sp auto and it's no speed racer by any means but you don't have to cane at all to get up to or maintain speed. To early to tell much other than it rides pretty nice and feels quite solid. Bumps are heard less and felt slightly more than my WK.
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I would buy the 2.4 over the 2.0 in a heart beat. The 2.4 I would describe as adequate, the 2.0 is not. If you got a manaual, you could get the best performance out of it, but not with the cvt.

You didn't mention price/features/miles. That's a big thing when buying used. with the patriot/compass, you can often spend a grand or two more, get a brand new car with a new warranty...
Unread 02-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
srq2002
2010 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles
I would buy the 2.4 over the 2.0 in a heart beat. The 2.4 I would describe as adequate, the 2.0 is not. If you got a manaual, you could get the best performance out of it, but not with the cvt.

You didn't mention price/features/miles. That's a big thing when buying used. with the patriot/compass, you can often spend a grand or two more, get a brand new car with a new warranty...
Probably very good advice. I have the 2.4 with a 5 speed manual; by 10,000 miles I'm actually quite pleased with the power and around-town torque. Zero to sixty in 8.5 seconds is better than most of the British sports cars I grew up with!
srq2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
BSweet
1998 ZJ 

I like our 13 Compass Limited overall. CVT trans took some getting used to. Needs more power. It is adequate. Fuel mileage is less than stellar. 21 mpg average. Handles good. Does good in snow. If I were to buy one for myself it would have to have a manual trans. We have driven it 15xxx miles so far. Have not had any real issues with it so far other than a vibration when it is idling in drive. I figure probably an engine/trans mount. Have not taken it in to have it checked yet.
1995 & 1996 Dodge Dakota's
BSweet is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.