2012 vs 2013 Patriot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 vs 2013 Patriot

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Shortfri32b

2012 vs 2013 Patriot

I'm looking at getting a new Patriot and I have two options. The 2012 or 2013. The 2012 is the altitude edition with a sunroof and the other is a 2013 with a uconnect 430 system. I'm leaning towards the 2012 unless there are some some changes that were made between the years. Thanks !

Shortfri32b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

2013 will hold value longer. Id wait for 2014 and get an automatic.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

No changes till 2014, where you get a 6speed auto vs the CVT on fwd and FDI models.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Shortfri32b

Is the only difference on the 2014 the engine?
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

not even the engine, just the transmission. There is a different paint color, maybe a few interior materials, but nothing you would notice.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Shortfri32b

Okay! That's all I need to know! Thanks for everything!!
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yea I love my '12 FDII Pat with it's CVT trans but most people b*tch and complain about it (usually non MK owners). I'd shoot for a severelly discounted '12 Latitude. My dealership has one that has like 45 miles or whatever on it and it's a 4x4 (not FDII)...they're only asking $16k some! Makes me wish I would've waited lol
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.