2012 Patriot Lift Kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 Patriot Lift Kits

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
patriotcaptain

2012 Patriot Lift Kits

I want to put a bit of a lift on my patriot. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

patriotcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.rocky-road.com/patriotsus.html
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

^ Best lift for the price. You'll get a 2&1/8" lift out of it and you won't/shouldn't feel a difference in stiffness or anything since it doesn't change your springs or shocks.
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
patriotcaptain

Oh that's great! My dad keeps tellin me not to lift it because it'll ruin the suspension and stuff. But I really want to lift it so if that kit doesn't effect or screw anything up it'd be perfect!

Unread 02-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

2012 Patriot Lift Kits

Well the Jeep dealerships install the RRO so if it was bad for the suspension I doubt they would do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
patriotcaptain

Thanks I appreciate the advice. Now I just have to get tires along with the kit and the patriot will be set. Still waiting for a push bar for the 2012 model that won't cover the fog lights

Unread 02-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
Necros

Would installing this void your warranty at all? I was thinking about getting a FD2 compass, mostly for the lift .. would I be better off with standard compass with this kit instead? I'd be using my 4WD for snow mostly, and the occasional dirt / muddy road if I go camping or hiking or whatever, I don't plan to ever do any rock crawling... mostly just want the taller & beefy tires look...
Necros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Id just get the FD2 for the warranty piece of mind. Even if it doesnt void the warranty, it doesnt mean the dealer or jeep wont make it difficult on you. They can be stubborn.

If it does void any warranty, it would only be something directly related to the lift. Like suspension parts.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
patriotcaptain

I'm having problems with the jeep dealer already. They have yet to send me my tag as they told me they would and my owners manual. So who knows.

But I'd certainly like to get going on the kit I mean it's nice as is but I love a nice little lift and good tires.

Unread 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros View Post
Would installing this void your warranty at all? I was thinking about getting a FD2 compass, mostly for the lift .. would I be better off with standard compass with this kit instead? I'd be using my 4WD for snow mostly, and the occasional dirt / muddy road if I go camping or hiking or whatever, I don't plan to ever do any rock crawling... mostly just want the taller & beefy tires look...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
Id just get the FD2 for the warranty piece of mind. Even if it doesnt void the warranty, it doesnt mean the dealer or jeep wont make it difficult on you. They can be stubborn.

If it does void any warranty, it would only be something directly related to the lift. Like suspension parts.
It will not void your warranty unless they can prove that it's the reason that a piece of suspension failed. It usess all your stock suspension components with the exception of a new sway bar extensions or something like that so if the suspension fails (and since it's all stock parts) they should cover it. However dealerships are pissy about modified vehicles so it depends on your dealership situation.

And Necros...this is how I looked at it/thought about it when I was looking into my Pat. I knew I wanted to use it offroad frequently and new that I really wanted the FDII model but was really close to settling for the FDI. With me, I knew that I would have been kicking myself for not buying new and getting exactly what I wanted (that being the FDII). You really don't get that much height out of the FDII's on the newer models (the 2011-present 4x4 Pat's have nearly the same ride height compared the the 07-10 models) compared to a FDI so if you think you'll be happy with the FDI for what you plan to use it for then I say stick with that cause it'd be cheaper and a hell of a lot easier to find. But if you are like I am and knew that you would regret not buying the FDII, then search for one or have your dealership ordered one in which is what I did.

BTW, if you Patriot/Compass owners want a lot more information and help on your Pats I'd check out Jeep Patriot (dot) com - minus the spaces - cause you'd find a lot of helpful threads since topics such as this are by no means new news and theres plenty of threads with incredibly useful information. Just saying
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
patriotcaptain

Thanks for the info man. I'm really hoping to get this baby lifted real soon, just gotta save the money for it and find someone to do it and do it right.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.