2012 Patriot Altitude Impressions> - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 Patriot Altitude Impressions>

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 07-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #31
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

We trust the jeep website because that's all we can go buy. And you really did cop an attitude at him for no reason, we don't really care how a car is built on an order form, we care how it is presented to us in an advertisement, and jeep obviously advertises it as its own trim level. If you can't see that...then wow.

FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #32
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
We trust the jeep website because that's all we can go buy. And you really did cop an attitude at him for no reason, we don't really care how a car is built on an order form, we care how it is presented to us in an advertisement, and jeep obviously advertises it as its own trim level. If you can't see that...then wow.
there was no attitude. you inferred a tone in my text, and an incorrect one at that. even the window stickers show it the way i presented it. but when people contradict me (several times) i have to show sources to show what i'm talking about.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #33
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart

no. there's not. technically.

*sigh* AGAIN, an Altitude is only a Lattitude with a package on it. i'm not sure how else to say that. i can try another language if that will help. maybe a screen shot of my ordering program?

hmm...i don't see altitude listed anywhere as a trim level. maybe it's hiding?

wait! there it is! under OPTIONS on the latitude edition!

see what i mean? the altitude edition is simply an optioned out latitude. look at any window sticker for an altitude and you'll see it started out as a latitude, and the altitude package is a seperate package.
It even reads like attitude. What with the short sentences, sighs, and all caps. Maybe you typed those on accident?
Unread 07-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #34
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Move on and get over it....

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #35
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
because i had to say the same thing 3 times before you believed me. i do this every day, i know what i'm talking about
So do other people. Maybe you should allow for that part of discussions on a message forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart
hell, until 2012 the latitude wasn't even a trim, it was a sport with a latitude package on it. it got so popular that it became a trim level.
I have a 2011 Latitude and that is what it is called on the window sticker. Not a Sport with a Latitude package.

I am done.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #36
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhpatriot

i have a 2011 latitude and that is what it is called on the window sticker. Not a sport with a latitude package.

I am done.
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #37
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
So do other people. Maybe you should allow for that part of discussions on a message forum.

I have a 2011 Latitude and that is what it is called on the window sticker. Not a Sport with a Latitude package.

I am done.
wrong...well, sort of. yes, at the top in big print it says "Patriot Latitude", but if you look below that, under where it says the colors and the engine, it will say "Sport", and below that will list all of the standard equipment for the sport package. then if you look over to the right hand side, under Optional Equipment, you should see either Customer Preferred Package 25B, 26B, or 28B. those are the package codes for the manual (Patriot only), CVT-I, and CVT-II latitude models, respectively. below that, it will show you everything that you get in the latitude package. but at it's core, the latitude was a sport with a package on it for 2010 and 2011, much like the altitude is a latitude with a package this year. it wasn't until 2012 that the latitude became its own trim level.

EDIT: i forgot, your window sticker will actually just say "Patriot 4x4" or "Patriot 4x2" because in 2011 the patriot base model was not called sport, just base. here is a window sticker for a leftover 2011 compass latitude showing what i mean.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...NF1FB7BD279794

if you were looking at that sticker in person, it would say "COMPASS LATITUDE" at the top as you said yours does. all of the standard equipment on this vehicle is for the sport. the 26B package on the right is the latitude package. here is a window sticker for a 12 patriot altitude edition, showing something very similar

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...NJRFB6CD689801

i'm not being a jerk about this, and i realize it's trivial. i'm just trying to portray accurate information, that's all.
Unread 07-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #38
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
i'm not being a jerk about this, and i realize it's trivial. i'm just trying to portray accurate information, that's all.
Not going to continue to argue with you over trim levels and packages and what not as said. I could dispute some of what you have said but choose not to as it serves no purpose at this point but to keep things hostile. I do agree it is a trivial matter that is causing so much ruckuss however.

Let me just close out and say this in response to your last part...

I have been known to do the same thing when someone calls an SUV a truck or a 4WD vehicle AWD. There is nothing wrong with trying to make the info as accurate as possible. It is all in how you make your comments and present that info however. THAT is where you are sorely lacking courtesy and tact.

You could have approached this/me in a much more civil manner and explained you sell vehicles and then explained the ordering system and the differences between that and Jeep.com. You have access to info and to things most of us do not but you don't seem to take that into account.

Try being nice and not aggressive and/or insulting and things will go much better.

Active Drive I
Unread 07-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #39
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Amen. I do it too.

A Jet Ski =/= A Waverunner =/= A SeaDoo. Drives me nuts when someone calls a Standup Yamaha Superjet a Jet Ski because it is a standup. It's not a Jet Ski it's a Superjet. Similarly, a SeaDoo is not a Waverunner simply because you sit down on it. It's a Waverunner...if and only if it's a Yamaha and specifically says "Waverunner" on it. It's a Jet Ski if Kawasaki made it. It's a SeaDoo if Bombardier made it.

/rant

Can we all be friends again?
Unread 07-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #40
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

*breaks into tears* i love all you guys

Unread 07-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #41
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

:Huggles:
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #42
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Active Drive I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.