2012 Patriot Altitude Impressions> - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 Patriot Altitude Impressions>

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
bigkat91
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye56
I don't have a patriot. Just bought a 2012 compass latitude 4x4. Liked it up until it broke down during its first freeway drive. Would not let me accelerate, started slowing down to the point where I had to pull over on the side if the road. Dealership said a bad cell in battery caused computer to malfunction. Used to have a civic, never had any issues with it. Got an suv for the dogs, now I am regretting my choice with the compass. I am now uncomfortable driving it on the freeway in case it happens again. Planning a trip to CA and I'd Like to drive my compass, but am not too confident that it will get me there. I've never had jeeps, now I'm regretting my choice in this brand. Any insight?
It's mass production its inevitable that they're are going to be some flukes. Just be glad Jeep/Chrysler replaced it under warranty even though it was the battery manufactures failure!

bigkat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

This further worries me about putting an amplifier in mine. Im afraid if the voltage runs low at any time i'ma fry a computer and it won't be covered :-/
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye56 View Post
I don't have a patriot. Just bought a 2012 compass latitude 4x4. Liked it up until it broke down during its first freeway drive. Would not let me accelerate, started slowing down to the point where I had to pull over on the side if the road. Dealership said a bad cell in battery caused computer to malfunction. Used to have a civic, never had any issues with it. Got an suv for the dogs, now I am regretting my choice with the compass. I am now uncomfortable driving it on the freeway in case it happens again. Planning a trip to CA and I'd Like to drive my compass, but am not too confident that it will get me there. I've never had jeeps, now I'm regretting my choice in this brand. Any insight?
i've driven literally hundreds of patriots/compasses/calibers, and every other chrysler model. i've driven them when the battery was so dead that the lights inside the car were flickering because of inconsistent voltage from the alternator. i'm pretty sure you had an isolated incident. don't let the one instance make you regret your purchase!
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
Skye56

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart

i've driven literally hundreds of patriots/compasses/calibers, and every other chrysler model. i've driven them when the battery was so dead that the lights inside the car were flickering because of inconsistent voltage from the alternator. i'm pretty sure you had an isolated incident. don't let the one instance make you regret your purchase!
Thanks.
Skye56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #20
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye56 View Post
Just bought a 2012 compass latitude 4x4. Liked it up until it broke down during its first freeway drive. Would not let me accelerate, started slowing down to the point where I had to pull over on the side if the road. Dealership said a bad cell in battery caused computer to malfunction.
Everything OK since it got fixed?
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #21
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Just an update to my earlier post. The Jeep site no longer gives the Altitude as an option package for the Latitude model as it did at 1st. Now it is only there as it's own trim level. Also, the FDII off road option is not available on the Altitude. It was on a Latitude w/ the Altitude option package. Wish these car mfg's would make up their mind what can and can't be had.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #22
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
that's all an Altitude edition is, it's a Latitude with an appearance package. they're pretty hard to find. we only got one, but it got damaged on the truck en route and we had to give it back to Chrysler.
I understand that but at the time I posted my original comment you could get it as an option on a Latitude model. Doing so allowed for more options to be added, like FDII( not available on Altitude models ), than were available if you ordered a Patriot as an Altitude model directly.

Also, my local dealer has a couple on the lot. Doesn't seem hard to get here.
Active Drive I
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #23
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Yeah I don't think what's on the website and what's in reality always jive with each other. When I was shopping for mine, I kept building a Mineral Gray one on the website. Troed to order one and there was mo such thing. Which is weird since I see them all over the place.
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #24
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
I understand that but at the time I posted my original comment you could get it as an option on a Latitude model. Doing so allowed for more options to be added, like FDII( not available on Altitude models ), than were available if you ordered a Patriot as an Altitude model directly.

Also, my local dealer has a couple on the lot. Doesn't seem hard to get here.
you're not understanding me. there IS no altitude trim level. the altitude starts out as a latitude and the altitude is simply a package on top of that trim.
Unread 07-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
you're not understanding me. there IS no altitude trim level. the altitude starts out as a latitude and the altitude is simply a package on top of that trim.
Actually, there is( technically )...

Sport
Latitude
Altitude
Limited
Active Drive I
Unread 07-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Actually, there is( technically )...

Sport
Latitude
Altitude
Limited
no. there's not. technically.

*sigh* AGAIN, an Altitude is only a Lattitude with a package on it. i'm not sure how else to say that. i can try another language if that will help. maybe a screen shot of my ordering program?

hmm...i don't see altitude listed anywhere as a trim level. maybe it's hiding?

wait! there it is! under OPTIONS on the latitude edition!

see what i mean? the altitude edition is simply an optioned out latitude. look at any window sticker for an altitude and you'll see it started out as a latitude, and the altitude package is a seperate package.
Unread 07-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #27
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

IRSmart...it looks to me too that it is listed on Jeep.com as it's own trim level....see here?
image-3587071981.jpg   image-188548248.jpg   image-1900869498.jpg  
Unread 07-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #28
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

The problem here, is that IRSmart is looking on a dealer network the rest of us don't have access to. Which btw...always disagrees with Jeep.com...like last year when I tried to order a Gray Patriot. The dealer computer said they don't exist. Well I've seen plenty of them on the road to know they exist, therefore, I trust jeep.com more than the dealer.
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #29
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
no. there's not. technically.

*sigh* AGAIN, an Altitude is only a Lattitude with a package on it. i'm not sure how else to say that. i can try another language if that will help. maybe a screen shot of my ordering program?

hmm...i don't see altitude listed anywhere as a trim level. maybe it's hiding?

wait! there it is! under OPTIONS on the latitude edition!

see what i mean? the altitude edition is simply an optioned out latitude. look at any window sticker for an altitude and you'll see it started out as a latitude, and the altitude package is a seperate package.
Why are you being such a tool? No need to be insulting. Jeep.com lists the Altitude as it's own model as the other member showed you. That is the mfg saying that not me. I don't have access to dealer ordering software so I can only go by the mfg's web site and the info they provide. Chill out man. Wow.

At one point on the Jeep.com site they allowed you to build an Altitude as it's own specific model or add the Altitude package for $495 to the Latitude( same as the price difference between Latitude and Altitude models )like are saying. Right now you can not add the package to the Latitude. If you want the Altitude option you have to select it as your model designation to start with.

It was better IMO the way Jeep.com had it at the outset. The optimal way to get an Altitude was to build a Latitude and add the Altitude package as it allowed you to add more options then can be added, according to Jeep.com, to a specific Altitude model. For example, you can't add the FDII off road package to an Altitude model BUT if you ordered a Latitude with the Altitude package you could add FDII when Jeep.com alllowed the Altitude option be added to a Latitude.

In the end who really cares. A Latitude is just a Sport with some extras and a Limited is just a Latitude with some extras. The Altitude adds some black wheels and chrome/bright exterior trim so it is not anything super special. Nothing but an exterior appearance dress up option regadless if it is an option or it's own model.
Active Drive I
Unread 07-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #30
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Why are you being such a tool? No need to be insulting. Jeep.com lists the Altitude as it's own model as the other member showed you. That is the mfg saying that not me. I don't have access to dealer ordering software so I can only go by the mfg's web site and the info they provide. Chill out man. Wow.
because i had to say the same thing 3 times before you believed me. i do this every day, i know what i'm talking about

i understand what you're saying about jeep.com. they always have special editions listed as a separate trim level, even when it truly isn't. look at the wrangler. they probably have the freedom, arctic, and call of duty: modern warfare 3 editions all listed as trim packages, when in actuallity, they're just packages on a sahara, sport, and rubicon respectively. jeep.com is wrong a lot. they just list it that way on jeep.com so customers know about that package, but even if you look at a window sticker of an altitude, you see it's just a latitude with a package on it. hell, until 2012 the latitude wasn't even a trim, it was a sport with a latitude package on it. it got so popular that it became a trim level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
The problem here, is that IRSmart is looking on a dealer network the rest of us don't have access to. Which btw...always disagrees with Jeep.com...like last year when I tried to order a Gray Patriot. The dealer computer said they don't exist. Well I've seen plenty of them on the road to know they exist, therefore, I trust jeep.com more than the dealer.
they were probably right, but they meant that gray could not be ordered at that time, as not all colors are available all year. jeep.com will show you what was available all year. but jeep.com doesn't order the vehicles, my program does. why trust the website over dealerconnect, when jeep.com isn't what truly matters for example, i bet you without looking that right now jeep.com shows the arctic edition jeep in light blue still, even though i haven't been able to order those in months. same thing goes for colors. if that color was available at ALL that year, the website will show it, but i may not be able to order it anymore. your dealer may not have known that it was available at one point, just that it isn't available when they go to order it. make sense?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.