JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   2012 Patriot Altitude Impressions> (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/2012-patriot-altitude-impressions-1390441/)

TheSiltSurfer 07-08-2012 11:47 AM

2012 Patriot Altitude Impressions>

1 Attachment(s)
okay, so my Fiance is looking into the 12 Patriot Altitude. Seeing as our dealer doesn't have any on the lot I was looking for outside experience? She's hoping to do a RRO lift on it with more aggressive tires nothing more. Has anything changed mechanically or Suspension wise ect on the new 12 Altitude? I did notice it comes with 17's now? Thanks guys any valid input will be appreciated?

NHPATRIOT 07-08-2012 12:34 PM

It is nothing but an exterior appearance package. There are no performance/suspension upgrades with it.

You can actually order it on a Latitude as an option package for the same $495 price difference in MSRP between the Latitude and the Altitude.

TheSiltSurfer 07-08-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT
It is nothing but an exterior appearance package. There are no performance/suspension upgrades with it.

You can actually order it on a Latitude as an option package for the same $495 price difference in MSRP between the Latitude and the Altitude.

Alright I was noticing that on the build your own part of the jeep site. Wondering if she should hold out till next fall for the new redesigned 2014's hmmm.

FujativeOCR 07-08-2012 01:00 PM

Theres a new 2014 design on the way???

TheSiltSurfer 07-08-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FujativeOCR
Theres a new 2014 design on the way???

From what I've gathered online and other forums the rumor is 2013 is the last year for the current platform.

FujativeOCR 07-08-2012 04:01 PM

I just found spy shots of the new one. It looks like an ugly lifted imprezza.

TheSiltSurfer 07-08-2012 04:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FujativeOCR (Post 13835531)
I just found spy shots of the new one. It looks like an ugly lifted imprezza.

post a link! i found these new compass supposedly, and liberty which looks more like a fiat its got the fiat emblem blacked out. haven't seen any patriot ones yet

FujativeOCR 07-08-2012 04:40 PM

Is that silver one an artist rendition or actual car? I think the one on the right is the actual car.

CanadianJets 07-08-2012 11:56 PM

The right one looks a bit like a Nissan rogue

IRSmart 07-09-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT (Post 13834725)

that's all an Altitude edition is, it's a Latitude with an appearance package. they're pretty hard to find. we only got one, but it got damaged on the truck en route and we had to give it back to Chrysler.

bigkat91 07-10-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRSmart (Post 13838330)
that's all an Altitude edition is, it's a Latitude with an appearance package. they're pretty hard to find. we only got one, but it got damaged on the truck en route and we had to give it back to Chrysler.

My local Jeep dealer got a couple of each the last time I was there (last Saturday) and I've seen a few running around the area with the dealers stamp on the tail gate.

TheSiltSurfer 07-10-2012 09:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Our dealer said it would take them months to get one so we might end up with this latitude trail rated of course :) they had no limiteds on the lot but they agreed to throw in free leather katskins any color.

IRSmart 07-11-2012 08:48 AM

the trail rated model hurts your gas mileage, that's why i never order them that way. if you aren't trailing the jeep and you're looking for a commuter, you may want to consider another.

Skye56 07-11-2012 09:26 AM

I don't have a patriot. Just bought a 2012 compass latitude 4x4. Liked it up until it broke down during its first freeway drive. Would not let me accelerate, started slowing down to the point where I had to pull over on the side if the road. Dealership said a bad cell in battery caused computer to malfunction. Used to have a civic, never had any issues with it. Got an suv for the dogs, now I am regretting my choice with the compass. I am now uncomfortable driving it on the freeway in case it happens again. Planning a trip to CA and I'd Like to drive my compass, but am not too confident that it will get me there. I've never had jeeps, now I'm regretting my choice in this brand. Any insight?

FujativeOCR 07-11-2012 10:06 AM

I think something like that could happen on any car. Example: My ex gf's parents bought a new GMC Jimmy awhile back. It went through 3 computers before they traced the problem to a loose ground wire somewhere. (which would be a GM problem.) If your Jeeps problem was internal to the battery....I highly doubt that is even Chryslers fault...I don't think they make the batteries.

The time now is 05:09 PM.