2012 Jeep Patriot is Sluggish - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 Jeep Patriot is Sluggish

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 07-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #1
robarnettcinci
2012 MK Patriot 

2012 Jeep Patriot is Sluggish

I have the 2012 Patriot Latitude 4x4. I have the CVT Auto Trans, and about 53000 miles on it. I used to do a ton of Highway driving. I have noticed over the past couple of months, it seems to have gotten a bit sluggish in the acceleration. Almost seems like it is trying harder to accelerate? Any one have any ideas? I perform regular oil changes.

robarnettcinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #2
nyrallye
2008 MK Compass 

What does your air filter look like? Is the a/c running? Extra weight?
nyrallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 04:40 PM   #3
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robarnettcinci View Post
I have the 2012 Patriot Latitude 4x4. I have the CVT Auto Trans, and about 53000 miles on it. I used to do a ton of Highway driving. I have noticed over the past couple of months, it seems to have gotten a bit sluggish in the acceleration. Almost seems like it is trying harder to accelerate? Any one have any ideas? I perform regular oil changes.
Perhaps it's time to have the tranny fluid changed. The fluid in a CVT tranny loses it's viscosity over time.
- 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade Rocky Mountian Edition - gone
Katmandu is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.