2012 Jeep Compass CVT Transmission overheats, high pitch Whine Noise, High RPM - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 Jeep Compass CVT Transmission overheats, high pitch Whine Noise, High RPM

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
user2600844

2012 Jeep Compass CVT Transmission overheats, high pitch Whine Noise, High RPM

Everyone with this problem needs to call Chrysler Customer Service 1 800 334 9200 and report it, as CVT Transmission overheats, slows down, High RPM, and high pitch whine noise. The more we call the more they will look into it. Also ask them if there has been any others with similar problems on their computer, if they say no, they are lying. Tell them to look into the last 8 VIN number
CD588748 , which is my vehicle, and then ask them why they are lying? We need to all come together on this. I know they are lying, because there are youtube videos and forum complaints. Now you know why they are replacing them on the 2014 models.

If anyone has fixed this, or comlained about it through the dealer or by calling Chrysler, please post any and all information of your last 8 VIN, reference #, dealer, ect. so we can all reference off of it. Thank you.

user2600844 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
Ableil
2012 MK Compass 

I have the same issue. I was almost rear-ended by a semi while driving up a mountain in WV when my transmission slipped. I have been dealing with this for 6 months already. The local dealership (Duncan's Auto Mall) here said that its no big deal. When my boyfriend (who is a mechanic) told them that they where lying the customer service representative started to yell at him. I have a few case numbers already with Chrysler.
Ableil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.