2012 exhaust hanger issue caused fire - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 exhaust hanger issue caused fire

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Closed Thread
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

As you stated on the other form, the dealership offered to fix the bumper and the exhaust on their dime. Which is more than acceptable. you decided to go for money, at a much higher amount than is reasonable.

In a class action lawsuit, only lawyers win, often they take as much as 50% of the money awarded. They do not benefit the consumer. I can only assume you are going after a class action, because you are set to gain financially by it in a big way, so you are either a lawyer, or you spoke to a lawyer who convinced you that you would be getting more out of it than you really will. All a class action lawsuit will do is take R&D money out of Chrysler's products and increase the cost of the vehicles they sell. How does that benefit the rest of us?

If you filed this with the NTHSA, this then is their job to research the issue, and determine if a recall is necessary, that is NOT something a class action lawsuit will do.

You did not take the fix that was offered, you are going after money, your first post on both this forum and other forums was not as part of the community, but to rally people to a worthless cause, that does not deserve the attention you are trying to get. Your posts do not benefit the community here, so please delete your posts and leave.

Unread 04-22-2013, 05:12 AM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Very true, the lawyers are the only winners in class action suits, the consumers only get pennies on the dollar, if anything , and it drives up the cost to the company. Face it, we are all Jeep fans here, even if we aren't Patriot fans, and you're beating a dead horse if you think you'll get a big following here. If it is being taken up in the Liberal state of Kalifornia courts that says volumes about your tactics.

Like I said, come back with a case # and let us know what they discover.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #18
jacko15
2014 WK 

lawyers/class action suits:crows/roadkill
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #19
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

bye!
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
recallpatriot

First off I am a jeep fan.

Chrysler did offer to fix my new jeep that melted because of a defect that never should of made it through crash tests or simple off road tests but I can't see how that is going stop this from happening to others.
I also bought a 4x4 jeep so that I could drive it in the city without issues and that is not the case. The dealer I bought this jeep from issued a warning to all compass and patriot owners stating that if they go over a speed bump and hear any changes in the exhaust sound to pull over and see if the tailpipe is locked upright.

I wanted Chrysler to aknowledge the issue publically and fix any other jeeps that melt, replace the hangers on ones that haven't but that wasn't in their profit plan.
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

'nuff said until either the courts or Jeep makes a move.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.