2012 exhaust hanger issue caused fire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 exhaust hanger issue caused fire

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Closed Thread
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
recallpatriot

2012 exhaust hanger issue caused fire

My name is Marty and my wife and I bought a new Jeep and the bumper melted because of a exhaust hanger that has a faulty design. The hanger is open in the center and allows the exhaust to lock in an upright position. Read the story and watch how easy it is to collapse the rubber hanger and lock the muffler upright. I am trying to alert owners of this risk and to talk to owners that can replicate the problem.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/complaint...e_problem.html

Unread 04-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Dude, you failed to get people excited about this on the other jeep patriot forum, Please go away.

Mods please delete this dude, the's just trying to get $ in his pocket through a class action lawsuit on a non issue. The dealer even offered to fix his issue on their dime, and he refused. He just wants easy money.
Unread 04-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #3
recallpatriot

Mods please remove above user as he is trying to prevent owners with a possible fire risk to remain unaware and unsafe. His post has no value and slanders my credibility.
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Dude, you've tried to do this on other forums. you're presence is not wanted here.
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The proper venue for reporting these issue, if the dealer hasn't given you satisfaction, is through Safe Car.Gov. I used their search and it appears that you have not filed a complain with them yet and neither has anybody else. Your issue is isolated and you didn't like their solution, you want instead $1/4 M for an issue that nobody else seams to have. If this was really an issue the first place that ppl would come to whine about it would be on the forums and we haven't ran into it before. Do you want the problem fixed or do you just want to get rich off of Jeep, that we all would end up paying for just to line your pockets?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Dang. I want $250k too.
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i watched the video and read the story. i do agree that something should be changed after seeing how easy it is to lodge the pipe under the bumper. but i think 250,000 is a little steep
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
recallpatriot

I wasn't asking for much in the beginning. All I wanted was for jeep to alert all people with the defect, fix them all on their dime and apologize to me for accusing me of doing something to cause this like rolling over a huge boulder or backing into a trailer hitch ect.

After I discovered the defect they continued to say that it isn't a issue. I think it is a issue if I can't drive a 4x4 over a speed bump without having to stop and check the hanger.
Unread 04-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

This is such bunk, when you posted over at the other patriot site, nobody was able to duplicate the issue. And you stated that the dealer said it looked like you had run over something or backed into something that damaged the hanger as well as your exhaust, and then they offered to fix it on their dime, and you went for blood. This is not a PSA, but a bid for $.
Unread 04-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

If you're not willing to report it to Safe Car.gov then you are NOT just trying to alert ppl, you're out to make a buck. Come back with a case # and we'll listen then.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Unread 04-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

^ well played
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
recallpatriot

It is reported to them as well as NTHSA. Search the NTHSA site for compas and patriot reports. Go try your 2011-2013 compass or patriot 4x4 without a chrome tip and see if it pushes up.
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #13
recallpatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
This is such bunk, when you posted over at the other patriot site, nobody was able to duplicate the issue. And you stated that the dealer said it looked like you had run over something or backed into something that damaged the hanger as well as your exhaust, and then they offered to fix it on their dime, and you went for blood. This is not a PSA, but a bid for $.
You are slandering me. Post your proof of me saying the things you claim.

Run to your nearest dealer and check out some new compass's and patriot's and report back on the nobody has duplicated this theory.

Are you saying that the 4 reports to NTHSA are not related?

After I saw the jeep on the rack and found no damage underneath and discovered the hanger design flaw they stopped accusing and offered to replace the bumper as a courtesy. They offered to put a bumper on my new jeep after they accused me of hitting something.
I told them to alert owners that this can happen.
I told Chrysler to fix every one that has the issue.
I told them to keep my jeep and give me my money back
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

The thread on the other site has been locked to mods only. I offered the mod here access to that information. please leave this site, you are just trying to line your pockets. Here's your excuse, for wanting to do a recall in california, simply because you're more likely to win there.

I think you're just a lawyer wanting to line your pockets, since in a class action, they are the only people who have ever won.
recall-jerk-picture.jpg  
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
recallpatriot

Great! I hope the mods take you up on that and see that others have replicated the collapse.

I am not a lawyer. Again you are slandering me. Claiming that I am something I am not.

For your information- a class action suit gives everyone with the problem equal share of the award. Mainly what is does is gets everyone's jeep fixed by a recall.

Sure I should get something for getting Chrysler to man up and fix a defect that I have made them aware of by having my car melt and for being trolled on by you but that is a totally separate issue.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.