2012 Compass blacked out with 9k or new 2014 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2012 Compass blacked out with 9k or new 2014

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
bburbank

2012 Compass blacked out with 9k or new 2014

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude - $22,995 (have not negotiated yet)
Black color and all blacked out.
Sun & Sound
8,958 miles
power windows, locks, heated mirrors, heated seats, auto trans, 4x4

Is this a good deal? OR should I go with a 2014 model?
I really like the look of this jeep and I took it for a test drive (didn't really notice the cvt) and liked it. But should I just go brand new?

04.jpg

bburbank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Depends on what deals you can negotiate but I really like the black on black with the altitude package which they don't offer on the 14's.
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
bburbank

I really like it too and I know I would have to sacrifice the black on black look if I got a 2014. I feel as if I could talk them down to 20,000.
I don't think I would be able to get a 2014 with all these features for any price near that. But If I bought a car that is already 2 years old I would have to consider getting some sort of extended warranty since its only 3yr/35,000.
So that makes me hesitant about buying it or just going brand new and giving up the black on black.
bburbank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

If it were me I'd go new but I buy all my vehicles new. But I do really like the altitude there and it looks excellent condition.
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
BostonStrong
2013 MK Patriot 

That's wild looking.

I'd go for it!
BostonStrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
Rcabatu60
2012 MK Compass 

I got my 2012 Compass Last year for my 16th Birthday Present. Thats EXACTLY how I want it to look. Now I just have to black out the rims and windows, along with adding a few subs and amps
Rcabatu60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcabatu60
I got my 2012 Compass Last year for my 16th Birthday Present. Thats EXACTLY how I want it to look. Now I just have to black out the rims and windows, along with adding a few subs and amps
Normally I would hate you for getting a new car for a 16th Birthday. But since you're talking about subs and amps, I'll let it slide this time. What have you got in mind?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
BumpShaman
2014 MK Compass 

I bought my 2014 Compass Latitude at the end of April. I was also considering a super low mileage 2012. I wasn't sure about the CVT until I drove the new 2014's 6 speed automatic. To me, very noticeable difference -- in favor of the new 6 speed. Just feels better to me, and gave me a better sense of "power" from the car on the road. I like to gun it on highway entrance ramps... and the new transmission handled that sort of thing better.

Otherwise, I mean, really... they're the same, haha. For me the transmission was too big a deal, so I went new 2014.

Good luck!
BumpShaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.