JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   2011 Patriot tow hooks? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/2011-patriot-tow-hooks-1546345/)

Georgeninner 07-08-2013 12:02 AM

2011 Patriot tow hooks?

My brother has a 2011 Patriot and he wants to know if its possible to put tow hooks in it. We are planning a roadtrip to a lake in a few weeks and he would like to have some hooks so I can pull him out of any tough situation with my zj. Now the question is, is it possible to put tow hooks in one of those? And if so where is the easiest place to do so front or back? I've searched everywhere on info about putting tow hooks in those jeeps and I've found nothing. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

andyenobs 07-08-2013 01:06 AM

If the Patriot and the Compass are basically the same then it must take a tow hook.
My Compass had a tow hook supplied with it. I'll check out the handbook.

Sent from my HTC One X using JeepForum

TheHeilis 07-08-2013 10:02 AM

Yes you can but it's not cheap to do and only the factory ones will work. You will have to cut the access holes in the bumper also. I would suggest looking at a 2011 or 2012 FDII and see where you need to cut and make some measurements for the holes.

IRSmart 07-08-2013 02:34 PM

MKs with the freedom drive II or the all weather capability package came standard with two tow hooks in the front and one in the rear. but they also came with an entirely different facia front and rear to be able to accomodate those tow hooks. never seen them added before. why not take the easy route and just add a trailer hitch? i would imagine that's a better point to pull from anyway because the weight would be more evenly distributed across the frame than with a tow hook.

aroundincircles 07-08-2013 04:21 PM

if you google say Jeep patriot tow hook, you'll fine a website that is Jeep patriot dot com (stupid filter blocks me from typing it.) there are several guys with non FDII patriots who have installed them (also available with the all weather package) there are a couple of different styles too, from the stock tow hooks to tow rings. (one guy even installed a pre runner style bumper).

TheHeilis 07-08-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundincircles (Post 15655207)
if you google say Jeep patriot tow hook, you'll fine a website that is Jeep patriot dot com (stupid filter blocks me from typing it.) there are several guys with non FDII patriots who have installed them (also available with the all weather package) there are a couple of different styles too, from the stock tow hooks to tow rings. (one guy even installed a pre runner style bumper).

I was one of those guys as of matter of fact the first to do front tow hooks.. user name on that site was will h.

If you go to the quick links section here in this section and click on 2009 Northwoods Jeep Jamboree you can see the front hooks I installed.

joeago4 11-23-2013 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took my jeep to the dealer with tow hooks I bought on line they charged me 250 to cut the bumper on my 2011fd1

joeago4 11-23-2013 08:56 PM

I have to say I probably could have done a better job, I was just nervous about cutting the bumper on my baby, there is also a replacement bottom facia piece from a trail rated patriot.

The time now is 09:28 AM.