2011 Jeep Patriot Dash Lights - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-13-2016, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
beepinmyjeep
2011 MK Patriot 

Garage
2011 Jeep Patriot Dash Lights

I have been having this issue for about a week or two now. When it first happened I had just replaced my rear turn signals to LED ones. When I turned my key on to make sure they were working these two lights came on. One which looked like my traction control light(ESC stability control malfunction warning light) and one that looked like a lightning bolt with backwards parentheses symbols )(. I turned the key off and back on and they were gone. Same thing happened about two more times. Then yesterday 4/12/16 on my way to work at 3:30pm I came to a stop behind a school bus. These same lights came on and when I hit the gas, there was no power. I eventually got up to 25mph before I had to turn on the road to work. I got it to the parking lot, shut it off and let it sit overnight. Got to it this morning, did a "pedal reset". Turned the key on, pushed in the gas pedal for 15 seconds, let it out for 15 seconds, turned the key off and back on. It started right up. I don't know if its a coincidence or if it actually worked. I also tried spraying Throttle Body Cleaner down the hose but I think it just flooded the engine. Since the motor is flipped about a 180 degree turn everything is in a weird place so I couldn't get to the actual throttle body to touch the flapper. I took it to the garage and they couldn't get the lights to come on. So here I am, wondering if I get in it and go on my 2.5 hour driver this weekend if it's going to leave me stranded. PLEASE HELP!!! I tried to include as much info as possible, sorry for such a long post. The mechanic said I might just have to replace the throttle body which all in all will be about $300 for parts and labor but if I can do a cheap fix, obviously I would rather go that route. Thank you everyone in advance for your help!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-13-2016, 11:56 AM
JohnnyBertone
2003 WJ 

Flooding the throttle body with cleaner wouldn't do anything to the extent that you'd have to replace it. It sounds like you need to pull the battery terminal for an hour or so let the computer reset and try it again.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-13-2016, 11:58 AM
JohnnyBertone
2003 WJ 

It also sounds like an electrical problem. Unless you have an electric throttle body I don't think that's your issue.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-13-2016, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
beepinmyjeep
2011 MK Patriot 

Garage
I'm not entirely sure at this point what it is. I took it to the garage. They drove it around 3 separate times today and the lights never came on for them. I have had it back since about 2pm and haven't had an issue with it yet. I was reading forums in here while I was searching for solutions and there were other people with the same problem as me. My mechanic said that if it happens again that I will most likely have to replace the throttle body but without the lights on I guess they can't do anything. Which is confusing to me because their computer should be able to go into my computer and look up the history of any lights that have come on. So it's basically a waiting game until it loses power and throws those lights again. I put fuel injector cleaner and dry gas in it to see if maybe that will help it at all. I'm kinda out of options for simple things unless I want to spend $300 for parts and labor to replace the throttle body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.