2011 Jeep Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2011 Jeep Compass

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
CC2011compass

2011 Jeep Compass

Is there anyway to get around the seatbelt beep on this model?

CC2011compass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

sure is

IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
bigkat91
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
sure is
I see what you did there. Good advice!
bigkat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
deonpala

i have a very similar question, can u turn the door ajar beep off? Nothing more annoying than cleaning the interior of your car with the door open, music on, and the beeping going on the background.
deonpala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #5
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

google is your friend, this is for the seat belt alarm. I did it because my passengers didnt put their seat belt on and the bell was driving me NUTS

1) Plug seatbelt in.
2) Turn key to the on position, engine off. Wait for seatbelt light to go off,
3) Undo and redo the seatbelt 3 times, leaving it buckled the last time. (When you undo and re-do the seatbelt the three times, you actually have to put the seat belt all the way back to the post its mounted to)
4) Turn the key off and you should hear a chime indicating that you disabled the chime.
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2011compass View Post
Is there anyway to get around the seatbelt beep on this model?
Yes there is. I have done it on my 2011 Patriot. The procedure is in your owner's manual. It will stop the seat belt alarm but you will still have the flashing dash icon.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

edited by me
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
Cedallstar
2012 MK Compass 

Sure, I brought alarm silencers from eBay, its basically seat belts clips without the belt part, I use them when I need to haul something that's long and need to let seat all the way up, just clip them in let like a seat belt.
Cedallstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedallstar View Post
Sure, I brought alarm silencers from eBay, its basically seat belts clips without the belt part, I use them when I need to haul something that's long and need to let seat all the way up, just clip them in let like a seat belt.
nope, that won't work. the seatbelt alarm is no longer tied to the buckle on the side because of people doing things like this. you have to have a certain amount of the belt pulled out to let the car know you're wearing it. and simply buckling the seatbelt and leaving it behind your back isn't good enough either, not enough belt is pulled out to set the sensor off.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
Cedallstar
2012 MK Compass 

Not sure, but they work on my 2012 that I brought brand new, my self belt alarm doesn't go off period when I clip them in and I'm talking time frames of a hour, and the second I take them out its every minute it seems like that darn alarm goes off.
Cedallstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.