2011 Jeep Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2011 Jeep Compass

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

2011 Jeep Compass

A few months ago, MotorTrend rather cruelly (but fairly, to our minds) named the Jeep Compass the Worst 4x4 of the Decade due to its lack of anything resembling a low-range gear, poor ground clearance, and overall visual ugliness. Well, we just returned from a day of wheeling the newly redesigned Compass, and we think we can safely say that while the decade is still young, we can guarantee you that the Compass won’t be found on our 10 Worst List in 2010, or anywhere close to it. The new version is much more wheelable in the dirt, and a lot better looking.

2011 Jeep Compass pricing (2010 pricing)

__________________________________________________ _______________

Compass Base: $19,295 (2010MY: $15,365)

Features

•Five-speed manual transmission
•Heated power side mirrors
•Fog lamps
•Roof rails
•Rear-window wiper/washer
•Air conditioning
•LED gauge cluster
•17-inch aluminum wheels
•Cruise control
•60/40-split rear bench
•Power windows and locks, keyless entry
•Removable, rechargeable LED flashlight
Compass Latitude: $21,595 (2010MY: $21,850)

•Continuously variable automatic transmission
•Heated front seats
•Leather-wrapped steering wheel
•Fold-flat front seat
•115-volt auxiliary outlet
Compass Limited: $24,295 (2010MY: $23,385)

•172-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder
•Automatic climate control
•In-dash vehicle display
•Auto-dimming rearview mirror
•Leather upholstery
•Six-way power driver’s seat
•Six-disc CD charger
•18-inch aluminum wheels
Destination: $700 ($630)

__________________________________________________ _______________

Optional Equipment

•Continuously variable automatic transmission (base only): $1,100 (same)
•Four-wheel drive: $1,700 ($1,500)
•Security Group Package: Side thorax airbags, USB port, remote start, Bluetooth connectivity, security alarm, auto-dimming rearview mirror: $1,195 ($985)
•Sun and Sound Package: nine-speaker stereo, powered sunroof: $1,295 (same)
•Media Center Package: 30-gigabyte hard drive, touch-screen display: $640 (base, Latitude), $290 (Limited)
•Navigation System: $685 ($1,200)
•Trail Rated Package: 140-Amp alternator, four-wheel drive off-road mode, brake lock differential, engine oil cooler, fuel tank skid plate shield, full-size spare tire, hill descent control, hill start assist, tow hooks, trailer tow wiring harness: $500 (needs four-wheel drive option)

2011-jeep-compass-front.jpg   2011-jeep-compass.jpg   2011-interior.jpg   2011-compass.jpg   2011-compass-dashboard.jpg  

Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

On the first pic, the tires are clean. They must have cleaned them off for the pic. Or flown it out there.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
On the first pic, the tires are clean. They must have cleaned them off for the pic. Or flown it out there.
lol... yea, It was a photo shoot so it was probably towed in on a flat bed truck
Unread 12-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
A few months ago, MotorTrend rather cruelly (but fairly, to our minds) named the Jeep Compass the Worst 4x4 of the Decade due to its lack of anything resembling a low-range gear, poor ground clearance, and overall visual ugliness. Well, we just returned from a day of wheeling the newly redesigned Compass, and we think we can safely say that while the decade is still young, we can guarantee you that the Compass won’t be found on our 10 Worst List in 2019, or anywhere close to it. The new version is much more wheelable in the dirt, and a lot better looking.

Improved trailability comes in the form of the Trail Rated Freedom-Drive II Off-Road package, the CVT transaxle-actuated 17:1 low-range system which was previously available only on its companion ‘ute, the Patriot. It also gains an inch of clearance up front due to a redesigned front valance.

Those differences may not seem like much, but along with a re-tuned suspension with higher spring and damping rates, they made a big difference on the trail, as we discovered during a recent day of snow wheeling around Jackson Hole, Wyoming. (Hey, it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta take one for the franchise every now and then.)

The Compass’s newfound good looks now speak for themselves, thanks to the incorporation of Grand Cherokee exterior styling cues (yep, the headlights are the same as the GC’s), and the interior has been upgraded a'la the

Patriot’s two years ago. We’re still not crazy about the 2.4L World engine and CVT (buzzy and underpowered, albeit quite fuel-efficient), but otherwise, we think the folks have Chrysler have just about managed to spin junk into gold with this new redesign. It was a big hit with the other writers we wheeled with as well (we had to arm-wrestle a couple of them just to get the keys for a testdrive), and we’ll have more about the new Compass, and the entire 2011 Jeep model line.
Is this your opinion or from some magazine? Just wondering about the source 'cause it says you live in Florida and you said this was from a photo shoot.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Is this your opinion or from some magazine? Just wondering about the source 'cause it says you live in Florida and you said this was from a photo shoot.
No, I was not at the photo shoot, it is an excerpt from a magazine. Not my opinions.

But I will say this is the best looking compass ever built
Unread 12-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I do agree with that! The Liberty front end on the early ones didn't help in the looks category. The media always seems to play "follow the leader", WHATEVER one of the big boys say the others follow suit.

Unread 12-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
I do agree with that! The Liberty front end on the early ones didn't help in the looks category. The media always seems to play "follow the leader", WHATEVER one of the big boys say the others follow suit.
Absolutely! fiat has a 60% say in all chrysler, dodge and jeep vehicles
Unread 12-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
Absolutely! fiat has a 60% say in all chrysler, dodge and jeep vehicles
What is with the thumbs down?? Diamler is the ones who created the Compass, FIAT has made it look so much better and made it more Jeep.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

We'll have to wait and see what Fiat does. It does look better but it will be short lived. On the other hand Fiat has a diesel available AND there was mention of the 2.4 VVT with 200 hp being looked at. I'm trying to stay positive!

Unread 01-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #10
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Still too small for my family.
But the Patriot can fit us no problem. It has more back seat leg room than the Grand Cherokee.
Love the Patriot we got to replace the '99 Cherokee. Goes well with my JKUR.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Now THAT looks good! Its like a GC mini-me, which is a very GOOD thing. Even as much as I disliked the first incarnation of the compass....... Id own this.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:53 PM   #12
Urr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgutz View Post
Still too small for my family.
But the Patriot can fit us no problem. It has more back seat leg room than the Grand Cherokee.
That's like saying that white color Patriot is bigger than black color Patriot...
The only difference between Pat and Compass is the trunk area and (and visible only if you load it full up to the roof...)
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Sorry guys, don't like it! For the next 5 years.. it will be referred to as the mini-WKII. Every Jeep has it's own distinctive identity; a wrangler doesn't look like a grand cherokee... nor does the grand cherokee look like a liberty... or the liberty resemble anything of a Compass/Patriot. Yet they are all distinctively Jeep. Now.. the new compass... it just looks like a premature WKII.

Fiats involvement with Jeep should be very simple... Continue to refine the compact suv segment of Jeep, provide Diesel alternatives for all vehicles.
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #14
Urr

For me the problem with the new Compass would be the competitor --- Wrangler Unlimited.

Old Compass was considerably cheaper than other Jeep (4x4) models. I would trade my old Compass only if I would win something from it, and the only thing to win there for me is the FDII (if it will be available in Europe).

But the price would be then nearly $27000. And Wrangler Unlimited (I have to have 4-door vehicle) starts at ca $26000... plus few extras, its practically the same price. And CRD is available in Europe... with low gear, trail rated, etc., of course.

For me, if I'll buy someday a new Jeep, my old Compass will remain as it was intended... an entry level Jeep. Next will probably be Wrangler Unlimited, if the price is the same, or almost the same...
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
Sorry guys, don't like it! For the next 5 years.. it will be referred to as the mini-WKII. Every Jeep has it's own distinctive identity; a wrangler doesn't look like a grand cherokee... nor does the grand cherokee look like a liberty... or the liberty resemble anything of a Compass/Patriot. Yet they are all distinctively Jeep. Now.. the new compass... it just looks like a premature WKII.

Fiats involvement with Jeep should be very simple... Continue to refine the compact suv segment of Jeep, provide Diesel alternatives for all vehicles.

I have to disagree as it still looks like a Jeep to me. I like the "mini GC" look to it. The old design looked too much like a smiley face for the front end. Also, the current KK looks like a Mini-Commander with the squarish headlights.

If I could get one with a manual transmission with a 4LO, I would probably consider buying one. My next jeep will be either the Wrangler Unlimited or a Liberty should my WJ starts giving me trouble.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011 , compass

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.