2011 Compass Limited 430N radio questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2011 Compass Limited 430N radio questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
sswk06

2011 Compass Limited 430N radio questions

Just purchased a 2011 Compass Limited will equipped with the 430N RHB radio. Build sheet shows "Autodimming rear view mirror with microphone". Both the Voice recognition (VR) and UConnect buttons are on the 430N RHB but not active because "Uconnect is not available". My questions are:

1. Can Uconnect be installed? I found part # 82212159 (full kit with a separate microphone) and also just the individual telecommunication module that installs in the rear quarter panel and plugs into an existing harness). Which do I buy? If I buy the full kit why do I need the separate microphone if the rear view mirror already has a mic? Looking at the mirror only 2 wires (red and white) are in the plug so I assume the wires for the mic to the radio or module are not there and I need another harness. If I buy just the module I guess I need a harness from either the module to the mirror or from the radio to the mirror. Any input?

2. On the 430N RHB the free Sirius is active but no Sirius Traffic link tabs show up on the appropriate touch screen. Does the radio need an update? According to the 430N manual (same as the RBZ manual on the Jeep.com owners media center radio site) the traffic tabs should be there. Sirius says it's active and has resent the signal numerous times.

Sorry for the long post but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sswk06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

i am trying to figure out which part number i need now, and just called mopar. DO NOT buy the part that you have listed. the correct part number is 82212499. give me your vin and i'll run it. i doubt you have the mirror in your car with the microphone if it doesn't have uconnect from the factory.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
sswk06

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
i am trying to figure out which part number i need now, and just called mopar. DO NOT buy the part that you have listed. the correct part number is 82212499. give me your vin and i'll run it. i doubt you have the mirror in your car with the microphone if it doesn't have uconnect from the factory.
IRSmart - thanks and sent you a PM
sswk06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
tadrr
2011 MK Compass 

after market 430

Interesting the problem with u connect and 430. I was looking at putting one in my 2011 Compass that has the standard radio. Not sure what to buy to get hands free phone to work with the 430. 430 can be bought off ebay for $375
tadrr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Compass2011

The Uconnect systems have problems and need to be "rebooted" when you get the "Uconnect not available" error. I had the same problem with my 2011 Ram. The Uconnect stopped working on my truck and took it to a dealership in Georgia. They pulled the IOD Main fuse and let it sit for a few minutes. Plugged it back in and everything came back online. Tech said there was a software fix from the manufacturer of the Uconnect system that dealerships can order. In the meantime, rebooting is the temp fix. I bought my daughter a 2011 Compass with the same system and she is experiencing the same problem. I couldn't find a IOD main fuse in the fuse block so I'm searching the web now to find out which is the correct fuse to pull.
Compass2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Sorry I don't have the Owners Manual on anything past '09 but the earlier ones show it in the TIPM.

Position 6, 10 Amp, Red: IOD Sw/Pwr Mir/Ocm Steering Cntrl/Sdar/Hands FreePhone.

Position 7 & 8 are 30 Amp, Green, Sense 1 & 2 respectively.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Compass2011

I tried to replicate what they did on my RAM to get the Uconnect working again with no luck. Will have dealer order the software fix.
Compass2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.