2009 resonator retrofit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2009 resonator retrofit

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
fuzzyweis
2008 MK Compass 

2009 resonator retrofit

Hey all, I've got an '08 4WD Compass, and read something about a new resonator on the '09s. I'm wondering if it's something that could be retrofit, or if anyone with an 09 could provide a picture? Thanks.

'08 Compass Sport 4X4 CVT
fuzzyweis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Hi Jim,
Which resonator? Airbox ... exhaust? Ha your from CT too? where abouts?
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
fuzzyweis
2008 MK Compass 

I was under the impression it was an airbox resonator, I guess the 4wds didn't have one in the 08s and it was added in the 09s along with some sound dampening.

Personally I don't really mind the engine noise too much. I used to have a diesel Isuzu P'up and always followed the mantra of when it goes quiet, then there's a problem, but it could stand to be a little quieter when getting on the highway, if there's an easy option.

Oh, and good to see another Yankee, I'm up in the Northeast section.

Unread 07-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Ahh i got the k&n kit... it replaces everything from the airfilter to the entire intake tube that connects to the engine block (the air flow is much better with the k&n system). It is loud when the engine is under heavy load (louder than my exhaust too... but my exhaust isnt very loud). I can "try" to get you a sound clip if you like. The bad thing about the k&n system is the price.. .. $250
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #5
fuzzyweis
2008 MK Compass 

I'm pondering getting the drop in K&N filter, what have you seen in the way of mpg changes?

And I was wrong in it being an airbox resonator, it's in the exhaust. So nuts to that, the main noise I'm hearing when accelerating is coming from the engine bay, not really the exhaust.

Guess I could just go the dynamat route if I wanted to get ambitious.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.