2009 Compass Ralleye engine question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2009 Compass Ralleye engine question

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
lidhead
2009 MK Compass 

2009 Compass Ralleye engine question

Has anyone else had engine problems like mine? If I do not let the engine warm up for at least 3 minutes it will stall when I try to shift into second gear. Also, sometimes I cannot rev it past 4,000 RPM, and when this happens the cruise control will not work either. I am not sure how often the RPM happens, because it is rare that I rev it that hard, but I do notice the cruise control issue fairly often. Can anyone help me?

Unread 01-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
pinstripefan90
1994 ZJ 

Have you checked for dtcs, and does the red lightning bolt symbol ever come on the dash? One possibility is the throttle body but w out any data or testing your guess is as good as mine
pinstripefan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
lidhead
2009 MK Compass 

I have never seen the "red lightning bolt" come on. I have taken it to the dealer with no luck. I thought maybe someone here might have had the same problem. But right now we have some fresh snow, and I'm having a little fun If I do find the problem I will be sure to post it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.