2008 Patriot Losing Power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2008 Patriot Losing Power

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
tgaito

2008 Patriot Losing Power

Hey all, hoping someone has encountered this and/or can give me some ideas...

My '08 suddenly wouldn't start when key in ignition, wouldn't unlock doors, nada. Waited 30 minutes for someone to come help me out then all of the sudden it started right up. Driving home on the highway @ 60MPH and all of the sudden the radio and speedo cluster loses power momentarily but comes back on...it did this the whole way home, power off, power back for (15-20 minutes) while I could still drive @ 60MPH and at least get home.

Once I got back in my driveway I shut it down and tried to start it and again it wouldn't even try to turn over.

As a side note about a month ago I got the lightning bolt on my dash and it wouldn't start until I found someones post to remove the negative on the battery for a few minutes and put it back...that worked.

Hoping someone can give me some ideas. I'm sure it has to head to the mechanic but I'm curious if someone knows whats going on with this thing!?

tgaito is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.