2008 Patriot lift kit HELP - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2008 Patriot lift kit HELP

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

The lift kits for the Patriot will lift about 2 inches maximum and you have to watch out for buying tires too wide because with the lift you will not have much clearance to the coil springs in the rear. Gramps has a sticky link for recommended maximum tire sizes.

miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

RRO's kit (and the others) is 2 1/8", any more lift and you'll be knocking out CV joints, etc. The Liberty guy's found that out real quick. The other thing is stick to max tire height of 29", you can fudge a little on that but not much or you'll be looking at wheel spacers and stuff. I recommend 28" but tread pattern is more important. 16" tires are the least expensive and have the best assortment of tread patterns, 17" are next and 18" are pretty bad for both tread pattern and price. If you just remember to do things in moderation you'll have more fun, it will be more dependable and not break the bank.

Tire sizes

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #18
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Oh, a 2" lift sounds good and i was only thinking about getting 18s max! A friend of mine wants me to get 21's but i dont think that would fit or look good!

haha you guys will like this, he wanted me to put 21'' Low profile tires on a jeep that i need for Northern VT in the winter....LOL!

Also, do they make front grille guards for the riot? i found a reat tow hitch that i just bought, but im having troube finding the front grille guard, any help?
armystrong68w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #19
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

You'd be hard pressed to find a really good tread design for 18" tires, believe me, we've tried. I've got a friend who put together a 'gangsta' Hummer and then sold it to get a Wrangler, he loves it and he's sticking to the "tried and true" methods of building it.

I've seen some grill/brush guards, I'll look for the link. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/g...urards-988143/

Unread 12-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #20
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Well is it hard to find anything 18 and above or just 18s? Lol, because i will go bigger if thats possible, cause the 16'' factory ones suck!!!! Ill keep an eye out and post if i find anything that looks alright!

Thanks Gramps. you have been a great deal of help!
armystrong68w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

All of the stuff above 18" will need a low profile tire which are usually expensive, rough ridding, poor tread design for snow, off roading, etc and may be too wide for the fender wells. The stock 16" steel wheels can be painted to take away some of the "ugly" and be quite fuctional. The spartan look is always "in", bling not always. The 17" stock wheels look better and there is still a very good selection of tires. Also take a look at other Jeep and aftermarket wheels in the 16" and 17" sizes. I have no recommendations but there are lots out there.

Tags
lift , lift kits , mk , patriot , tires

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.