2008 Patriot & Compass - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2008 Patriot & Compass

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #16
danbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDog
Believe it or not, some people HATE them, especially if they can't be turned off when you don't want them to be on (such as when you need to "sneak" up to a house after your date's curfew...I'm 42, but vaguely remember doing that). My last vehicle had them, and the forum for that vehicle was full of threads from people who wanted to know how to disable them. Some people also don't like having one vehicle with them and another vehicle without them, since when you drive the latter vehicle you may forget to turn the lights on and get a ticket. Personally, I like them and REALLY miss having them on my Compass.

I've never known a vehicle without the ability to turn off the autoheadlamp function. DRL is another story, but all my cars up till now have always had that option right on the headlight stick control or on the dashboard. I'm not saying your wrong, just surprised to hear that.

danbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #17
madrabbitt

pretty much all GM's with them (which of course, is pretty much all gm's) have a manual defeat built into them. You just have to read the manual.

My dad's yukon, for example, the official defeat was to punch the dome light button 4 times, then it chimed, and drls and auto lights were disabled.
Unofficially, the parking brake clicked 1 click in would also do it.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2007, 06:22 AM   #18
BuzzDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbo
I've never known a vehicle without the ability to turn off the autoheadlamp function...I'm not saying your wrong, just surprised to hear that.
I am with you totally...I also never knew of a vehicle without that ability, too. Then I bought my Pontiac Vibe (which I traded for my Compass). This may be an anomaly among vehicles as being the only one where you can't turn off the auto-lamps (well, I suppose the Toyota Matrix would be in the same boat), but to my knowledge you can't.

Checked the manual AND the Vibe forum, and all I ever came up with was a procedure for cutting wires and splicing them back together, which would then totally defeat the auto-lamps. No thanks...

But back to the 2008 Patriot: I hope we see some minor interior upgrades, like the hard disk storage (I forgot the gimmicky name for it) that you're seeing in other Chrysler products...
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #19
usswasp
1994 XJ Cherokee 

About the auto lights I have a stupid question. If they improve safety and insurance companies will give discounts for this safety feature why doesn't the vehicle industry just put in lights that are ON all the time (headlights and taillights)? High beam low beam can be controlled separately and then put in an on/off switch for the teenagers that need their butts kicked or if you are just working on the car in the garage and need the key in the on position.

08 Jeep Patriot, FD I CVT2 2.4L

02 KJ Sport traded ... I miss the ole' girl, except when I stop at the gas station
usswasp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #20
madrabbitt

bulb life, drain and draw on electrical componants, etc etc etc

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:26 PM   #21
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejjg
According to a guy who runs another jeep forum, the starting July '07, the new Patriots will go into production. He mentioned several of the minor changes over at the Patriot forums....mostly package re-arrangement.

A couple of thing that stand out are 3 new colors: Sunburst Orange Pearl (like SEMA Patriot), Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl (replaces Black), and Surf Blue Pearl (replaces Marine Blue).

Also, the '08 Pats get the autostick to any who might be interested in having a gearless CVT that you can shift.

Air condition is now standard on the sport.

Head to the following link for more info:

http://www.***********.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367
For those of you that get the Autostick Patriots in '08 or have one (any MK) now, if you haven't already touched the autostick, DO NOT DO IT! Your gas mileage will halve! Why? Because if you use it once, you're addicted and can't leave it alone when accelerating. Stop lights are fun for me again! I cant stop myself from using it! Somebody help me with my addiction, wait until I get some power mods done to it
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #22
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Just got back from the Premiere Event and I'm happy to say the DC is history. Officially, it's now Chrysler Corp LLC, Walter P can rest in peace again. We're back to being an American car company

I had to enter for the give away of course, wife wants a rescue green Wrangler Unlimited, with my luck, if I won at all, it would be a Mini Van .

Anyway MK stuff:

Compass sales are picking up, they only had one black one in stock.

Patriots, good stock of five including one Steel Blue Sport FD II for just over $22K; another in the new Sunburst Orange (same as Calibers, looking sharp) with some Zinik 17" wheels, 235/55R17 Pirelli P Zero Nero's (27.1" tall, could have used a bit more height, but looking good). The other 3 were 2WD, 5 speed; FD I CVT and 5 speed. Dummy me, I forgot my camera but here's the wheels and a link:

http://www.zinikwheels.com/html/z8-z1.html

Almost forgot. Took a look at the FD II skid plate and I think that if it's not a straight bolt on to the Compass it may just require some spacers. It looks like the same 3 bolts that hold the front splash panel on the Compass/Patriot hold the skid plate on to the Patriot with FD II.
zinik.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #23
wahooz04jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Questions about the 2008 Patriot

Hey everyone. I'm poking my head in from the TJ forum. I am looking at a 08 Patriot Sport. My question is if this one I'm looking at is the Freedom Drive 1 since it is a 4wd but does not have the CVT w/ rock crawl ratio.

OlllllllO http://dirtroad.com/jeepwave/ I wave
wahooz04jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #24
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yes, that would be the FD I 4WD, available with CVT2 or 5 speed.

Unread 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

You can now build and price the 2008's at the Jeep website.

http://www.jeep.com/en/

Unread 10-21-2007, 07:50 AM   #26
i2canoe
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictus58
I don't think heated mirrors will be an option. DRL are available on the Limited now. But they weren't functioning for a lot of people. Apparently the dealer needed to activate them thru the cars computer if you don't have the EVIC.
Heated mirrors would be great, so would be mirror mounted turn indicators . . . but happily daytime running lights have long been manditory in Canada, don't know why this has not caught on in the USA. Really a great saftey feature . . .
i2canoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.